Remember the hero of the right Cliven Bundy??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Does private property run right up to the border? A person could literally step off of their land and into mexico? I had always assumed (based on no information at all) that there was a buffer zone between the two country's.

There are shared-boarder private properties on our southern and northern borders. ....it definitely makes taxes interesting for such owners. There was one posted here recently about some couple trying to sell their building on a lot that is divided by the US and Canada border--the border guard is about 10 feet beyond their fence, and guests/residents have been (temporarily) detained or reprimanded for walking in their own fenced-in backyard, which crosses the border. (this only became complicated for them after 9/11)

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Don't you know ISIS is going to invade via Mexico? You just need to forget that the Mexican Cartels would unite and would never allow it to happen because it would disrupt their business.

We don't need the border, but be afraid of the cartels. Wait... what? :eek:

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Oh, please. The Wall isn't about national security at all, unless you think that migrants seeking a better life in this country are a national security threat. They're not in it to do us harm, at all.

What is the problem with them seeking a better life via legal immigration processes?

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
We don't need the border, but be afraid of the cartels. Wait... what? :eek:

That isn't what I am saying and I think you know that. What I am saying is that there would be absolutely zero chance of ISIS infiltrating Mexico because ISIS would be fucking with the Cartels' money flow between the US and Mexico.