Remember Me - June 4th

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
The cover photo I saw for this was a straight on ass-in-center shot. A ("realistic") female protagonist could have been interesting, but I think it's pretty clear who the market is here.

And if you look at the screenshots of the game and such, she isn't done up all slutty or half naked, no boob physics or giant ones for that matter.

Yeah, the cover does the ass shot thing that so many covers do, its cliche at this point. They want to get your attention when you see it on a shelf, chances are it will grab your attention over a box of some steroid guy with a gun the size of a volkswagon.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
So has anyone actually played it? Read the Verge review and it has me quite intrigued, but I don't really like paying full price for games, so if it's not amazing I will just wait for a sale. :hmm:

KT

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
I'm going to check it out. When is the PC release? Seems to come out for consoles tomorrow right?

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Releases on PC tomorrow as well.

I think you can get it on Greenmangaming still for 20% off ($37.50) with their coupon on the site.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Sweet, thanks guys

Its right there in the topic heading and I didn't even notice :p

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
The cover photo I saw for this was a straight on ass-in-center shot. A ("realistic") female protagonist could have been interesting, but I think it's pretty clear who the market is here.

You have to admit it's a nicely modeled ass.

lilrayray69

Apr 4, 2013
5.9 from IGN
7 on Gamestop
67 on Metacritic so far, 6.0 user score

Most said the story and world were good, but that the gameplay was poor

AMD64Blondie

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2013
Remember Me is insanely addictive.

The first time I opened the game,I played for a hour and a half straight before I closed Steam and quit.

Right up there with Mass Effect 3 in the "Oh god,it's 3 AM already?" category.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Very mixed reviews. The game seems interesting. I'll probably end up getting it.

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
The first time I opened the game,I played for a hour and a half straight before I closed Steam and quit.

Playing for an hour and a half is "addicted" now?

Anyway as I kind of guessed the game is getting a bit of a "meh" reception. I am not dismissing it as of now, but I will certainly be waiting for a good sale. Watching the reviews it seems like there are some issues with the controls, and the whole "memory remix" thing seems to have been a bit overplayed, as there are apparently only a few of these sections in the game.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
Total Biscuit 10 minutes of gameplay footage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YukHxeAchzI

I like how the two enemy AI characters pretty much just do nothing during the fight at 3:25 (they do take a couple of swings in between staring ineptly at the character).

And this is on hardest difficulty?

What a joke. I can't figure out why, despite having much more computing power, AI scripting actually seems to be getting dumber.

Last edited: