Remember Me - June 4th

Madia

May 2, 2006
I saw that Remember Me was coming out in about a month and was surprised that I couldn't find a thread about it. It seems to have an interesting mechanic in memory re-writing but IGN wasn't too impressed with the gameplay which looks like a blend of Prince of Persia and Arkham Asylum:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/06/remember-me-gameplay-commentary

Here's a video of what the memory re-writing will look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m82AF52mFi4&feature=player_embedded

From what I've seen it looks pretty average to me although it might be something I'd pick up on sale.

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
I'm interested in it, but I will wait on the reviews before I make my purchasing decision. I looks to be a fairly short and linear game though so I will probably wait for a sale before I bother picking it up.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I'm interested as well, but not sure if I want to put down the money just yet.

Edit: Ok, I bought it. GMG had a 25% off coupon for it, and I had $3 of credit in my account so I pre-ordered for like $34. I'll let you guys know how it is.

Last edited:

codyray10

Apr 14, 2008
When I first read about this game, it seemed pretty cool. However, that gameplay video on IGN does not look too promising.

Phanuel

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2008
Looks interesting, but also definitely going to wait on reviews/probably pick it up later during a sale.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Only heard about it a few weeks ago and it caught my interest. Will wait for a sale though or if I can get it really cheap.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Hi, click X to complete your objective.

Congrats on beating our game!

The End.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
I will buy it so I can see the world they have created. It looks like a European Blade Runner style city. If I have nothing interesting to play, I may buy it on launch. The IGN video doesnt sway me one way or another.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
I'm not very good at beat-em-ups, but maybe if the world and story are interesting enough then I'll give it a try.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
Hi, click X to complete your objective.

Congrats on beating our game!

The End.

Pretty much what it looks like from the gameplay video. Yet another cinematic adventure game that boils down to cut-scenes and button-prompts.

The formula seems to sell games, though....to whoever is buying this stuff. I guess there's a lot of dudes who like to sit back and watch some inane, unrealistic cover-girl beat people up.

Last edited:

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Well it has a female protagonist, it is a new IP and it has an interesting looking forward and maybe the combo system is cool. The first 2 of those are becoming too rare for my tastes.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
Definitely have a target on this one.

I'm worried it may be another Mirror's Edge though.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
Are you saying Mirror's Edge was a bad game? :ninja:

Wait, you're suggesting it wasn't awful? I mean, visually neat...but awful gameplay.

RUN THERE. NO, OVER THERE. CRAP HOW DO I GET UP? Darn, now I'm dead.

The only joy I got from ME after the novelty of it wore off after a couple levels was disarming guards and then using their gun until it was out of ammo, and disarming another one. Turning a platformer into a FPS...beyond that, ME wasn't that good.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
I don't see any similarities between this game and Mirror's Edge.

Mirror's Edge was a brilliantly executed first-person parkour game. It had innovative gameplay and impeccable art direction. It's one of the few games I have to load up and play at least a few times a year.

It was also very difficult, in a fun way....especially when you turned up the difficulty and turned off the helpers.

I hardly ever complain about games, but this game just looks terrible, and I watched the entire 30-minute gameplay with an open mind.

What gets me is how the AI comes busting through the doors and windows......AND THEN JUST STANDS THERE. Then there's that 5-minute long VTOL chase scene, where the VTOL is just firing off thousands of rounds at her, ripping apart buildings and floors in a shower of bullets, and yet she never seems to take a single hit?????

It just seems like games like this are designed to make the player feel like a superhuman badass without requiring an ounce of skill to do so. Sort of like watching some movie that gives you the option to participate between cutscene animations.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Wait, you're suggesting it wasn't awful? I mean, visually neat...but awful gameplay.

RUN THERE. NO, OVER THERE. CRAP HOW DO I GET UP? Darn, now I'm dead.

The only joy I got from ME after the novelty of it wore off after a couple levels was disarming guards and then using their gun until it was out of ammo, and disarming another one. Turning a platformer into a FPS...beyond that, ME wasn't that good.

Well you have no one to blame but yourself as you were able to complete the entire game without using a gun.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
Well you have no one to blame but yourself as you were able to complete the entire game without using a gun.

My point was "this game is so awful beyond the initial cool factor that the only enjoyment I got was turning it into something it wasn't."

You know, I think I kinda made that clear when I said:
Turning a platformer into a FPS...beyond that, ME wasn't that good.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
A couple reviews are in.

IGN - 5.9
CVG - 7.0

Mediocre impressions so far. Review embargoes haven't been lifted everywhere yet, I'm curious to see what more review sites have to say.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I was reading over on Neogaf the thread they have. A few reviewers over there that have a copy and had their friends play it as well all seem to enjoy the game. I was expecting pretty average reviews for it (around 7-7.5). Hope to hear some user impressions soon.

Karstein

Mar 31, 2011
Sounds pretty much as I expected, then. The setting drew me in initially but it always looked like the gameplay was a little uninspired. I'll wait for Cyberpunk 2077 instead.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Review scores blowout, copied and pasted from /r/games.

Of course, words mean more than numbers, and you should read the actual reviews before making any judgements. I'm too lazy to link them all though so you'll have to look them up on your own.

Gamingtrend - 93
EGM - 9.0
Gameblog.fr - 4.5/5
IGN Italia - 8.5
thesixthaxis - 8
Edge - 8
Polygon - 8
Eurogamer.it - 8
Hardcoregamer - 4/5
Gamingnexus - 8
Vandal - 7.9
PCGames PC: 72 PS3: 75
CVG - 7
Officialplaystationmagazine - 7
gamespot - 7.0
Eurogamer - 7
Eurogamer.pt - 7
gamesradar - 3.5/5
Meristation - 7.5
Mondobox - 7
Venturebeat - 70
Multiplayer.it - 68
3DJuegos - 6.8
The Escapist - 3/5
Gamereactor - 6
Destructoid - 6
Metro - 5
IGN - 5.9
Videogamer - 4

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
Well it has a female protagonist, it is a new IP and it has an interesting looking forward and maybe the combo system is cool. The first 2 of those are becoming too rare for my tastes.

The cover photo I saw for this was a straight on ass-in-center shot. A ("realistic") female protagonist could have been interesting, but I think it's pretty clear who the market is here.