Remember during Benghazi when a former President spoke with the AG…

Feb 4, 2009
I sure do.
When does the R outrage begin again?

BTW I’m not so sure this is a threat IMO, however I am not the best at judging things like that.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The greater the damage to a child's capacity for empathy the more restricted the range that empathy will express as adults. The result will be less and less care for the pain experienced by more and more others and the greater the need to rationalize away any knowledge of that fact. It comes down in the end to whose ox gets gored and to whom those sacred cows belong.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Republican concerns about ex presidents unduly influencing the attorney general are not genuine only unless and when that in-authenticity isn't a rationalization protecting a partisan interest. In those cases where those interests are threatened, the interest suddenly becomes genuine in the extreme. The purpose of rationalization is denial. Denial takes the form of absolute truth and certainty because of the absolute terror that denial is intended to hide.

In this way we deny with a straight face. Denial hides behind the face of absolute moral certainty. Thus, even if the lie is so profoundly obviously such, it is still internally more morally palatable to be lying to protect the good.