Release the Krak... err FISA Memo!

Page 55 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
That was one of those "sources" things rather than anything official, wasn't it?
I dont follow?
While the FBI was investigating 5 different individuals with ties to Trumps campaign someone at the FBI thought it was of paramount importance that the public knew about Weiners dick pics riiight before the election.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
I dont follow?
While the FBI was investigating 5 different individuals with ties to Trumps campaign someone at the FBI thought it was of paramount importance that the public knew about Weiners dick pics riiight before the election.

FBI also told the NYTimes that there was no Trump-Russia right before the election. Yep. FBI was clearly biased against the Hildabeast and very protective of Trump and the election process only for him, but that's expected, since it's largely made up of Republicans.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Hugo Stiglitz

Feb 24, 2018
I think the FBI didn’t want to blow their cover on the Trump investigation because it’s literally the most significant investigation in U.S. history and they gave Trump no chance of winning like everyone else.

The investigation is more about Russia than Trump. It’s challenging to remember because Trump thinks it’s all about him.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
I think the FBI didn’t want to blow their cover on the Trump investigation because it’s literally the most significant investigation in U.S. history and they gave Trump no chance of winning like everyone else.

The investigation is more about Russia than Trump. It’s challenging to remember because Trump thinks it’s all about him.

Bias.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/fbi-russia-election-donald-trump.html

Investigating Donald Trump, F.B.I. Sees No Clear Link to Russia

By ERIC LICHTBLAU and STEVEN LEE MYERSOCT. 31, 2016

Hugo Stiglitz

Feb 24, 2018
Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Thats the 20/20 hindsight clarity ... shit that seems so obvious looking back wasnt so obvious at the time... I am sure Obama decided to lay low on the prospect of Hillary winning in spite of russian operations .. and then *boom*

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I dont follow?

I referenced the statement where the FBI allegedly told the NYT that nobody in the campaign was under investigation. That wasn't an official statement. Neither was somebody in the NY field office thinking they were a bigshot leaking to Giuliani about Weiner's laptop, either.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
3) He was compiling a dossier about the activities of the Russian government. I keep asking this question and nobody seems to be able to answer it. How the *** would you ever hope to compile intelligence about the activities of the Russian government without using Russian government sources? Of course he used them! It's called 'being competent'.

That's what I'm saying. You appear to be standing FOR the sort of criminal activity / conspiracy you accuse Trump of. You think Hillary paying for "opposition research" delivered by Putin as competent. How is that not collusion with Russia?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
That's what I'm saying. You appear to be standing FOR the sort of criminal activity / conspiracy you accuse Trump of. You think Hillary paying for "opposition research" delivered by Putin as competent. How is that not collusion with Russia?

Are you retarded? Serious question. I'm not aware of a single credible source that has claimed that opposition research was delivered by Putin. You seem seriously challenged in being able to understand the difference between getting info from Russian sources versus getting info from Russia. I'm sure you think information leaked by nunes is just as credible as information leaked from sources inside the FBI. I'm sure you think Steele, a long time agent/spy for the MI6 was simply being used by Russia to supply information to Hillary because Russia really wanted Hillary to win. Talk about conspiracy.

Of course that's also completely ignoring the fact that fusion GPS was the one who paid to have Steele gather info and not anyone related to Hillary. Unless of course you think team Hillary actually asked fusion GPS to use Steele but that would be yet another conspiracy you've latched on to.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Research that included Russian government sources isn’t any more ‘delivered by Putin’ than James Comey’s notes are ‘delivered by Trump’.

I’m still baffled as to why you think using Russian government sources to report on the Russian government is at all interesting.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Source for this?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Thats the piece, the right wing talking point, that is so outthere in fringe land that it might as well be an Alex Jones original. Christoffer Steele doing research into election fraud tapping into russian sources ... is colluding with Putin.. If you cant hear how insane that sounds then I am afraid you are so far gone into the mad mists of the alt right that there is little hope for recovery of a body.. we might have to announce it right now, time of death, notify next of kin and all that.. hold a ceremony...

Feb 4, 2009
That is documented truth. Look up Phil Valentine and the issues he had.

Phil Valentine was a vaccine “Truther” and he died from COVID today. Tell Putin he need not send a final check.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Unless Covid somehow forces most of the top officials in the government to step down, it's not going to save anything.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Unless Covid somehow forces most of the top officials in the government to step down, it's not going to save anything.

If only Covid could incapacitate about 35 million of the goners in this country, all the still hardcore GQP Trumpers, the whole planet would instantly become a more habitable place to live, with a better chance at a livable future.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
To the average person looking at the situation, unaware that conservatives are only shits because that is how they were made to feel as children, I think when people speak of Covid clensing the country they are talking about how they feel about conservatives, not that conservatives underwent Stockholm Syndrome to survive by becoming shits themselves to survive, but that they willingly chose to be that way and if they were all to die the world would simple smell much better. In either case the world would be better but it is equally bad form to wish that on people who had no say in what they had to become to survive. But please don't think that gives you reason to hate normal liberals for having that feeling. They also had to be like that to survive.

Sadly you never learned to self introspect and face the pain truthful self appraisal always brings so it is natural for you to deflect to things like it's the liberals on top who are the source of the evil you were made to feel about yourself. But it is a waste of your life because you were never guilty and have always been forgiven (EDIT: by) the one who matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: dank69
Nov 17, 2019
If only Covid could incapacitate about 35 million of the goners in this country, all the still hardcore GQP Trumpers, the whole planet would instantly become a more habitable place to live, with a better chance at a livable future.
Just 3. Orange Guy, Punk Jr and Ass SIL

Cut the head off and the rest dies.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
so very few of those right winger have come back to this thread since 2018, figures.