Rel 256 drivers ETA confirmed

Cookie Monster

Diamond Member
May 7, 2005
link

I have been talking to a lot of our customers over the last few months and many of the most enthusiastic among them are asking when we'll have our driver update to support 3D Vision Surround. We're also get the same inquiries from press folks looking to do reviews of 3D Vision Surround.

The fact is we are not ready yet – the surround driver needs some final improvements. When we first showed this technology live at CES in January, we expected this to become available with the first release of our 256 branch driver which was then targeted for April. Our new target for 3D Vision Surround is the end of June in a follow-on release of this 256 driver branch. Our first 256 based driver is planned to post to nvidia.com on May 24th and will enable new SLI setup controls and improve performance on several key applications for GTX 400 GPUs.

When we launch the 3D Vision Surround driver at the end of June, we will provide a game list and guidance on how to get the best experience with this cool new technology. I am looking forward to it!

If you have any questions, let me know in the comments below.

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
'new SLI setup controls' hmmmm what could that mean? Performance improvements are welcome, let's hope they can wring more out of Fermi for gaming.