reinstalled Linux, got the video working and everything, now my modem ain't working - help on this?

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
3com internal ISA 56k.. - I had it dialing in Linux before I reinstalled it... now it isn't... heeeeeeelp.....

-RSI

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
RSI man, there's a hardware forum for a reason. I'm kinda getting sick of hardware posts in OT.

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
Shut up Evan, stupid whining little bastard! This is about SOFTWARE, it'd be just as inappropriate in General Hardware!

Anyway, thanks a lot for that link, SHUX.

-RSI

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Did it help? I see that its is ISA, sometimes that takes a little work ;)

SHUX

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
I still can't get it to work. :(

I ran pnpdump and isapnp, I see the modem info in there, but what do I do? I tried kpppd or whatever again and it still doesn't work, no matter what option I choose in it ... funny I had it dialing earlier, yet now it doesn't work (after reinstalling)... WTF.................

-RSI

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
RSI I'm not sure if you've tried this yet or not, but frequently oin installs Linux sets my modem's com port to use the wrong irq. read the manual on setserial and use it with your isapnp dump to be sure its set correctly!

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
I'm not having any luck with any of that... ugh wtf. I just killed my entire setup again... reinstalling...

*Sigh*

and the modem almost worked the first time.. if only I got the video working properly then...

-RSI