Reid Adding Amnesty Measure to Defense Bill

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Circlenaut

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2001
We are dumbasses? So we want to follow immigration laws of the US and respect the sovereign of a nation and we are dumbasses? Spoken like a true ILLEGAL. :thumbsdown:

Do you know the old saying "ignorance of the laws is not an excuse"? Same ole excuses from ILLEGAS..."but..but... but.... those poor kids were brought over here without their consent". Let see you try that excuse in Mexico court.

BTW, tell us more great one. Tell us how would an ILLEGAL be treat in Mexhico or any nations on Earth? Would an ILLEGAL be a citizen or be in jail. Tell us how Mexico treat people from its southern border that come in ILLEGALLY.

What part of ILLEGAL that you don't understand? Comprende imbecil?

ILLEGALS and ILLEGALS lovers like you are the kind that make us sick. You and your kind broke all kind of laws and then have the nerve to demand amnesty/citizenship and then call us "dumbass", "racist", "bigots" and all kind of names just because we want the government to enforce immigration laws currently in the book.

Go back to the hellhole that you are from and learn how to get here LEGALLY, espalda mojada.

ROFL, you defend being called a "bigot" yet you assume I'm Spanish (I'm as white German/European looking as they come). You must be one of those that think all illegals are Mexican, right? You also assume I'm an illegal sympathizer just because I support this law, which merely legally affirms people in this country that are already culturally American. Maybe it would surprise you to know that I 100% support increasing border security and deporting illegal immigrants that CHOSE to break the law, not those that suffer because of their parent's choice and would face severe hardship if up-rooted from their homeland to be transplanted into their supposed "home". I will be sure to go back to my "hellhole" here in the United States as an American and vote come 2012 as a naturalized citizen of my home. Take your bigotry, intolerance and ignorance somewhere else scum.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
ROFL, you defend being called a "bigot" yet you assume I'm Spanish (I'm as white German/European looking as they come). You must be one of those that think all illegals are Mexican, right? You also assume I'm an illegal sympathizer just because I support this law, which merely legally affirms people in this country that are already culturally American. Maybe it would surprise you to know that I 100% support increasing border security and deporting illegal immigrants that CHOSE to break the law, not those that suffer because of their parent's choice and would face severe hardship if up-rooted from their homeland to be transplanted into their supposed "home". I will be sure to go back to my "hellhole" here in the United States as an American and vote come 2012 as a naturalized citizen of my home. Take your bigotry, intolerance and ignorance somewhere else scum.

Where did I say all ILLEGALS are Mexicans? Point that out in my post, come on, I dare you. You can't, therefore, you are a liar and not very good one either.

More BS, this new "law" will be nothing but another avenue to reward ILLEGALS to become US citizens.

Boo freaking boohoo, cry me a river and get over it. If we don't reward ILLEGALS anymore, then they will have lesser motivation to get here ILLEGALLY. So those ILLEGALS parents would learn how to get here LEGALLLY before they pop out babies after babies (and taxpayers are paying for it).

LOL, so since I am a non white LEGAL immigrant/naturalized US citizen and I strongly support that EVERYONE MUST FOLLOW current immigration laws (and the MAJORITY of Americans are agreeing with me) and I am scum? Talk like a true ILLEGAL lover that you are. You still haven't answer my question so I will repeat again.

Tell us how would an ILLEGAL be treat in Mexhico or any nations on Earth? Would an ILLEGAL be a citizen or be in jail?

Hint = look it up and see what France is doing with ILLEGALS right now. They sure are not giving out any special laws or rules to make ILLEGALS become LEGALS.

Take your own advise and get your ILLEGAL lover stupid ass out of the US and switch place with an ILLEGAL. Well?? Just what we thought, all talk....LOL

Last edited:

Circlenaut

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2001
Where did I say all ILLEGALS are Mexicans? Point that out in my post, come on, I dare you. You can't, therefore, you are a liar and not very good one either.

You imply by ending various sentences in Spanish, assuming I know what it means therefor assuming I'm from that culture. I guess all illegal "sympathizers" speak Spanish, eh?

More BS, this new "law" will be nothing but another avenue to reward ILLEGALS to become US citizens.

Boo freaking boohoo, cry me a river and get over it. If we don't reward ILLEGALS anymore, then they will have lesser motivation to get here ILLEGALLY.

LOL, so since I am a non white LEGAL immigrant/naturalized US citizen and I strongly support that EVERYONE MUST FOLLOW current immigration laws and I am scum? Talk like a true ILLEGAL lover that you are. You still haven't answer my question so I will repeat again.

Hint = look it up and see what France is doing with ILLEGALS right now. They sure are not giving out any special laws or rules to make ILLEGALS become LEGALS.

Each country and its people are free to make whatever choices it deems necessary. Since you happen to be cherry picking countries that are biased towards illegal immigration I suggest you take a look at say, what Brazil's policy is towards naturalization (hint after x-number of years an illegal immigrant is free to apply towards Brazilian Permanent Residency). Also you seem to be confusing laws targeted at the general illegal immigration community vs. the one that this bill specifically address. I fully support deporting the millions of illegal immigrants here that would not have a problem re-assimilating into their own societies. These children, if deported, would face tremendous barriers in their own countries and quite frankly I consider it a cruel and unusual form of punishment. Adding 70,000/year kids to the system that would truly benefit from an amnesty is a drop in the bucket compared to the millions of adults illegally here. I will say this preemptively, as much as my mother may have had in good intention I despise her for making me unnecessarily suffer by bringing me in illegally as a child. I could just as well have had a great life in my country of origin.

I'm done arguing with a hater like you. Your ideology is set in stone and makes no room for rational thinking. Your hatred of illegals clouds your judgment and causes your mind to group all illegal immigrants into one category therefor making you think that this issue can be resolved with a single simple action. I didn't come into this thread looking for an argument, I just wanted to express my opinion and I have. Good Night!

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
These children were forced here by their parents. It would be cruel to deport them to countries they've never been to or don't speak the predominant language. They're basically Americans.

If these children were primarily a bunch of blonde, blue-eyed German illegal immigrants then most of the posters here would be supporting the Act.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
You imply by ending various sentences in Spanish, assuming I know what it means therefor assuming I'm from that culture. I guess all illegal "sympathizers" speak Spanish, eh?

Each country and its people are free to make whatever choices it deems necessary. Since you happen to be cherry picking countries that are biased towards illegal immigration I suggest you take a look at say, what Brazil's policy is towards naturalization (hint after x-number of years an illegal immigrant is free to apply towards Brazilian Permanent Residency). Also you seem to be confusing laws targeted at the general illegal immigration community vs. the one that this bill specifically address. I fully support deporting the millions of illegal immigrants here that would not have a problem re-assimilating into their own societies. These children, if deported, would face tremendous barriers in their own countries and quite frankly I consider it a cruel and unusual form of punishment. Adding 70,000/year kids to the system that would truly benefit from an amnesty is a drop in the bucket compared to the millions of adults illegally here. I will say this preemptively, as much as my mother may have had in good intention I despise her for making me unnecessarily suffer by bringing me in illegally as a child. I could just as well have had a great life in my country of origin.

I'm done arguing with a hater like you. Your ideology is set in stone and makes no room for rational thinking. Your hatred of illegals clouds your judgment and causes your mind to group all illegal immigrants into one category therefor making you think that this issue can be resolved with a single simple action. I didn't come into this thread looking for an argument, I just wanted to express my opinion and I have. Good Night!

Spanish =! Mexicans only. Try again. My background is not Hispanic and I can babble in Spanish (not as good as I used to be).

I didn't just pick France. Let see, how about Canada, Australia, New Zealand? Heck, can you tell me a country that will let any ILLEGALS come in without any consequences? You can't because there is no such country.

Why should the US needs to worry about hardship of ILLEGALS and their children? Tell me who fault was it? We did not ask or invite them (parents and kids) here ILLEGALLY. Like I said before, cry me a river. They got here ILLEGALLY and now they want to change the laws so their kids can be LEGALS? :eek:

Hater? LOL, more name calling. Again, I and millions of US citizens believe in the SOVEREIGNTY and immigration laws and EVERYONE must follow current immigation laws, and we are haters? Whatever happens to "Justice is blind" and "Everyone is equal under the law"? LOL. Oh, laws only apply to LEGALS and ILLEGALS must be treat different or we are "haters", right?

Ha, I knew it. I was wondering why a naturalized US citizen would support such a bill and now I know why. You were an ILLEGAL child. No wonder you want to support this bill. :D

Rational thinking? So you and ILLEGAL lovers believe that not everyone should follow current immigration laws? So a family from far away would have to wait for years to get here LEGALLY while someone from down south would sneak in ILLEGALLY and their kids become US citizens...and that would be rational? LOL. So you want to reward ILLEGAL activities while punish people that want to do it the right way? You can make all the excuses that you want to but we do not need to change but to enforce current immigration laws. Period.

Wait. How about change the laws that make anyone born in the US automatically becomes citizens? How about if the parents are ILLEGALS, then kid(s) born in the US would be ILLEGALS?

Not looking for argument? Really? Who said this in his very first post in this thread and I quote:
You dumbasses

Last edited:

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Guess I'll have to bold what I said above for those who did not read. Only allowing people who serve a useful purpose is quite different from what you pretend I said.

Is that opinion so frightening?

Since illegal immigrants who were brought here as one year olds are criminals, you are saying that giving them a path toward legal residency or citizenship by serving in the military is WORSE than deporting them to a country they know nothing about and likely don't even speak the language? I just want to be clear.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Tuesday he wants to attach an amendment to a defense policy bill that would help young people in the United States illegally become legal U.S. residents.

yes, that is the point of the Bill, for them to become legal. If they were already legal the Bill wouldn't make any sense.

I'm in favor of the bill, but I didn't think we should have made immigrants illegal in the first place.

Circlenaut

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2001
Here's an interesting article to those thinking this has nothing to do with military interest:

Specifically:
Many Military experts have come out in support of the DREAM Act because it would significantly increase the pool of qualified recruits in the Latino population, which comprises the majority of undocumented immigrants and which research indicates are more likely to enlist and serve in the military than any other group.

Margaret Stock, retired Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Army Reserve, has stated “Potential DREAM Act beneficiaries are also likely to be a military recruiter’s dream candidates for enlistment … In a time when qualified recruits—particularly ones with foreign language skills and foreign cultural awareness – are in short supply, enforcing deportation laws against these young people makes no sense. Americans who care about our national security should encourage Congress to pass the DREAM Act.” Conservative military scholar Max Boot has stated, “I think it’s crazy we are not tapping into it.”
dod.jpg

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I basically agree with you on both counts, but I wouldn't be opposed to the college option IF some kind of national service was required after college. I also don't think they should get any state subsidies for their education. If they attend a public university, they should be treated as out of state for tuition purposes. If they can get a private scholarship, fine.

- wolf

HAHA right! you know they are getting every assistance dollar available to pay for college, rent, car, gas, cell phone, food, etc...etc... Oh, a Spanish, Woman, that's a double minority!

Sad, but oh well.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
I am not sure what the two years of college was about either. The GI bill is the greatest thing ever. To bad most never use it. Its paying my brothers morgage and allowing him to attend school full time right now. I have no issue with them recieving the benifit if the earn it. Not a penny more though.

Same with mine. He's doing pretty well for himself now that he's out.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I am wondering, if this DREAM act is so good for our nation, then why Sen. Reid had to sneak it into the defense funding bill? Why can't it stand on its own merit and gather enough votes to pass? Of course, he is trying to pandering to the ILLEGALS and ILLEGAL lovers crowd to save his own political life.
It says that any child of an illegal who arrives in the U.S. before age 16, spends five years here and completes two years of college or military service in a six-year span without felonies gets a green card ahead of others who have waited patiently for their papers (For years and with huge expenses and tons of paperworks).

They will have access to taxpayer-funded loans and grants, and may crowd out children of U.S. citizens at state and community colleges. They are not required to pay back the loans, learn English or maintain a decent GPA. They can start the process up to age 35, and get six years to finish a mere two years of college or military service.

And once they've been granted citizenship, they can bring all their relatives to the U.S. in what will be the mother of chain migrations......This may be why, despite the measure being around the Senate for seven years, it has never garnered enough votes for passage.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=547416

Last edited: