Registry Boosters

fb02521

Apr 14, 2009
free registry booster (uniblue) scans and finds 296 registry errors. buy program for $30 and clean up the errors. anyone tell me the function of registry booster programs and whether there is any benefit to buying such a program?

fb02521

Apr 14, 2009
i know very little about the "registry". are you saying that the type of "registry errors" found by the scan are harmless, and do nothing to slow down the system as the program claims.

"clean and defragment your registry" for a faster computer is what the add says. cleans up "system errors", "user errors" "third party errors".

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
i know very little about the "registry". are you saying that the type of "registry errors" found by the scan are harmless, and do nothing to slow down the system as the program claims.

"clean and defragment your registry" for a faster computer is what the add says. cleans up "system errors", "user errors" "third party errors".

Correct. "Registry fixers" are snake oil.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
If you really feel the need use CCleaner ( Free ). I have used it for years and it only deletes the Safe items and I have never seen any issues with bad edits.