Regeneron does research using aborted fetuses.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
Yeah it's way more complicated than that. The research probably involved fetal cell lines. These basically are cells that can divide infinitely that are donated from either spontaneous miscarriages or elective abortions. Some cell lines used in research are over 50 years old. It's a similar principle to the cell lines used in cancer research, some of which have been replicating in labs for 70+ years. The Henrietta lacks cell line for example is still used today and came from a tumor that killed a patient in the 1950. Also the cell lines are generally used to test the efficacy of the treatment early on and not for the actual production of the drug. You need human cells for virus to infect and so a cell line is the cleanest way to do it. This is very very common in viral research. The Catholic church has basically done out and said treatments that use cell lines in early research are fine because the treatment itself is sufficiently disconnected from abortion that occurred decades ago. A few baptist church's also said the same. Also some cell lines are donated from spontaneous miscarriages.

If I remember correctly the Pope said something to the effect that vaccines or treatments for COVID need to be weighed against the pain & suffering it causes to others. Using something with fetal tissue in this context is ethical or something similar.
Basically big picture stuff, you may not like how the treatment was made but you also don't like what the illness does to others particularly the poor.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Take any evangelical, if they had a disease and regeneron was the cure, they'd all take it. They are giant hypocrites about everything.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Where are all the pro life people that claim their one issue is reason for them to vote for Trump? I've shown you Trump doesn't give 2 shits about your issue. He does not think life begins at conception and should be protected through birth. He us a drug madeing from cells from aborted fetuses.

This proves it is a big lie so you should be free to vote for Biden, right?
Trump was never pro-life. Pro-life for him was a grift to get votes. He was the first president, that I'm aware of, to show up at a pro-life rally. Good grifters understand follow thru.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Take any evangelical, if they had a disease and regeneron was the cure, they'd all take it. They are giant hypocrites about everything.
Just like the science deniers go crying to scientist (doctors) to save them when they get sick.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Trump was never pro-life. Pro-life for him was a grift to get votes. He was the first president, that I'm aware of, to show up at a pro-life rally. Good grifters understand follow thru.

Yep, according to Woodward's first book, back in 2013, Trump was bewildered that he couldn't run as a pro-choice candidate for the republican nomination, because that had been the position he had staked out publicly. No, said Steve Bannon, are you kidding me, no pro-choice candidate could ever win a republican primary. Hence, the "pro-life" version of Trump was born.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So regeneron is made of dead babies and conservative leadershit is taking daily doses?

But of course.

Maybe you could make a buck by selling soul-stones for top brass to suck on to prevent covid, tell them they're infused with dead baby souls.

Reactions: Leeea and Fenixgoon

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
So regeneron is made of dead babies and conservative leadershit is taking daily doses?

But of course.

Maybe you could make a buck by selling soul-stones for top brass to suck on to prevent covid, tell them they're infused with dead baby souls.
this thread is almost a year old, but the answer is Yes.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Holy fuckballs.

He’s more interested in addressing the problem after the fact then preventing it, that’s just smart. Why prevent severe illness and deaths when you can profit off of them and at the same time make it look like you care about the sick?

That’s why Bush let 9/11 happen, it made everyone like him because he was going to avenge us. Saving people’s lives before an attack even happens isn’t as politically smart as getting a nation to rally around a single cause.

/s and yet not

Reactions: hal2kilo

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Christians are totally ok with murdering babies and drinking their blood to cure white christians.

But medical research on unviable fetuses that might help someone who might not be white and christian? MURDER!

I would include a /s tag, but this is exactly how the majority of christians feel.

Last edited:

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Seems pretty fair. Those kinds of decision should not be made by politicians. I used to be in favor of the death penalty until realizing the unequitable application. Still there are just some people who should be taken out back and shot.

Yea, problem is at least half the time they take the wrong guy out back and shoot him.

That is my biggest problem with the death penalty, the error rate.