Regeneron does research using aborted fetuses.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The so called pro-life President takes Regeneron. I presume Republicans and all pro-lifers should want this drug banned, right? I'll wait for the responses.
It should come as no surprise then that Trump golfs with the company’s CEO and as recently as 2017 held Regeneron stock. But it also appears that the president, a person who just cannot stop tweeting about his anti-abortion agenda in the twilight stretch of the presidential race, is taking a drug that was developed through research that used a common cell cultured decades ago from an aborted fetus, by a company that embraces stem cell research—both practices considered at odds with the anti-abortion agenda, and one of which has been broadly rejected by Trump’s federal advisory committee on taxpayer-funded research.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Where is the totally obviously true "Project Veritas" video where that rectum-muncher O'Keefe claims to have discovered that Trump "INJECTED HIMSELF WITH ABORTED CHRISTIAN BABIES!"

lol--you absofuckinglutely KNOW that he would be screaming that shit if Hillary, Obama, any democrat had taken it.

I wonder what our resident single issue Cell Defense Force and blind Trump zealots think about this?

Feb 4, 2009
It is an interesting ethical question. I do not support abortion and I do believe it is a personal decision that Gov does not belong in.
That said....
The question is whole no fetal items are in the treatment it is kind of required to start the culture thingy to make the treatment.
Obviously if it is take the treatment or likely death that’s a safe call to make but how about you have minimal risk or death but you don’t want to quarantine or you want to be well a week sooner. Is that a proper ethical choice.

Reactions: blackangst1

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
This one really is gold. Anyone have a line on some forums with Evangelical supporters of Trump rationalizing this one out? Would love to read through it all :D

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Where are all the pro life people that claim their one issue is reason for them to vote for Trump? I've shown you Trump doesn't give 2 shits about your issue. He does not think life begins at conception and should be protected through birth. He us a drug madeing from cells from aborted fetuses.

This proves it is a big lie so you should be free to vote for Biden, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Where are all the pro life people that claim their one issue is reason for them to vote for Trump? I've shown you Trump doesn't give 2 shits about your issue. He does not think life begins at conception and should be protected through birth. He us a drug madeing from cells from aborted fetuses.

No, it seems he is using a treatment the efficacy of which was tested using an aborted baby's tissue that has technically had it's name changed from stem cells to epithelial cells to help hide the fact they still were taken from an aborted fetus. Alternatively, they might have said the tissue wasn't a human baby, a person, by calling the fetus a pre-person, but somebody beat them to that rationalization. We are still some ways away from Republicans who are already willing to admit they are Nazis for God to we are scientists of God who kill babies for the common good, but as their lives become more and more dependent on such cures, especially to save their real gods, you can be sure that's coming.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
He paid someone off for an abortion at one time didnt he? Wouldnt it be something if it was his own dead child he got injected into his veins?

Too much?

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I will just say the truth is more complicated than this thread title.

Doesn't seem a _lot_ more complicated. From that article it does seem that cells from an aborted foetus were essential to the process of developing this treatment.

Still, don't we already know that Trump's attitude to abortion is entirely down to cynical electoral calculation and has never had the smallest element of principle about it? Personally I reckon he'd go full Elizabeth Bathory if he thought it would make his hair grow back, for example.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Good, if that means that unvaxxed GOP wankers leave more for any of the rest of us that need it.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

I dont think any candidate aligns 100% with anyone. IMHO.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I dont think any candidate aligns 100% with anyone. IMHO.
What COVID has exposed Republicans being pro life is complete bullshit. Not only are they willing to sacrifice the elderly for the sake of the economy but they are unwilling even to wear a mask to save others.

Reactions: sandorski

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Yet there are people out there who claim to be single issue voters.

Yeah thats true. Doesnt mean there are other issues they wouldnt disagree with. But I agree most people vote for a candidate who hits on their personal important issues.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yeah thats true. Doesnt mean there are other issues they wouldnt disagree with. But I agree most people vote for a candidate who hits on their personal important issues.
While I'm not a single issue voter a single issue can make me NOT vote for someone.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
What COVID has exposed Republicans being pro life is complete bullshit. Not only are they willing to sacrifice the elderly for the sake of the economy but they are unwilling even to wear a mask to save others.
IMHO my biggest issue with the pro-life crowd is most of them also support the death penalty. And for reference, Im personally against abortion, but if king for a day would not outlaw abortion. I would outlaw the death penalty though.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
IMHO my biggest issue with the pro-life crowd is most of them also support the death penalty. And for reference, Im personally against abortion, but if king for a day would not outlaw abortion. I would outlaw the death penalty though.
Seems pretty fair. Those kinds of decision should not be made by politicians. I used to be in favor of the death penalty until realizing the unequitable application. Still there are just some people who should be taken out back and shot.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Seems pretty fair. Those kinds of decision should not be made by politicians. I used to be in favor of the death penalty until realizing the unequitable application. Still there are just some people who should be taken out back and shot.
Dont get me wrong, I would have no problem shooting someone threatening me, my family, or friends. But I dont think the gov't should be in the murder business.

inb4 but what about war?

Reactions: woolfe9998

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Yeah it's way more complicated than that. The research probably involved fetal cell lines. These basically are cells that can divide infinitely that are donated from either spontaneous miscarriages or elective abortions. Some cell lines used in research are over 50 years old. It's a similar principle to the cell lines used in cancer research, some of which have been replicating in labs for 70+ years. The Henrietta lacks cell line for example is still used today and came from a tumor that killed a patient in the 1950. Also the cell lines are generally used to test the efficacy of the treatment early on and not for the actual production of the drug. You need human cells for virus to infect and so a cell line is the cleanest way to do it. This is very very common in viral research. The Catholic church has basically done out and said treatments that use cell lines in early research are fine because the treatment itself is sufficiently disconnected from abortion that occurred decades ago. A few baptist church's also said the same. Also some cell lines are donated from spontaneous miscarriages.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
DeSantis is now hawking this as a cure instead of vaccines to prevent infection.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk