Question Regarding Speed Issue

ledzeppblues

Dec 28, 2019
First of all hello to you who are all reading and stay safe

I have a fibre internet connection at home with a plan of 50 Mbps but if i run a speed test with a server within my city i get full speed which would be around 45 - 50 Mbps

But if i run a speedtest on a server outside my city i get only like 1 or 2 Mbps speed and the unusual part is my browsing is super fast like how 50Mbps would be
but when it comes to the internet getting connected to far away places if im right ,sorry for layman's terms like connecting to google stadia or microsoft Azure for cloud gaming ,my performance would be like how it was in those speedtest with servers outside my city

I was cloud gaming with my previous Internet Provider but this never happened and their speed was 20 Mbps and even if i choose a server outside my city the speed would be at full speed

I'm sorry for a lengthy and confusing post but could any explain why this would happen so i can get back at the ISP because they keep saying the fault is here or there the wire or the EPON ONU box but since its lockdown due to the on going issues ,changing service provider would be hard but figuring something out would be much helpful please

Thanks for hearing me out and any help you can give please

P.S. My router is TP Link Archer C20

ledzeppblues

Dec 28, 2019
Show your speedtest.net results for multiple locations then.

Hey ,thanks for your reply ,here they are with further more from M-Labs and Fast.com

Attachments

• Test 1.png
    Test 1.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Test 2.png
    Test 2.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Test 3.png
    Test 3.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Test 4.png
    Test 4.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Test 5.png
    Test 5.png
    86 KB · Views: 4

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
It means your ISP likely has very poor peering connections outside of their own network. Either the peering points themselves are having issues, or your ISP is simply heavily congested at these peering points and refuse to pay to upgrade the connections.

ledzeppblues

Dec 28, 2019
It means your ISP likely has very poor peering connections outside of their own network. Either the peering points themselves are having issues, or your ISP is simply heavily congested at these peering points and refuse to pay to upgrade the connections.
Hey ,thanks
I'll have a talk with them and discuss on this and hopefully something can be done ,thanks again