Refurbished NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Router for $115 + FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_IVAN

Mar 28, 2015
NeweggFlash has Refurbished NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Router for $114.99 plus free shipping:

http://flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16833122675

• AC1900: 600+1300 Mbps
  • 1GHz Dual Core Processor
  • 256MB RAM & 128MB Flash
  • 256 QAM Support for 2.4 GHz WiFi
  • USB 3.0
  • Beamforming+ improves range & performance
  • VPN Support
  • Factory Refurbished

Last edited by a moderator:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Pretty hot deal. Maybe that's why it's now SOLD OUT. Oh well, maybe next time.

(I think, not 100% sure, that you can get Tomato firmware for this router. I'm running Tomato on an Asus N12/D1 router right now.)

kmmatney

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2000
I paid close to $200 for mine when it came out. I had a few minor issues with it (mostly trying to do advanced stuff) for the first few months, but it's been rock stable after a few firmware updates. The wireless range is much better than my old router. I would recommend it at this price. I often have 20+ devices connected to it, and it handles it no problem.

NeonFlak

Sep 27, 2000
Just to throw in a con I guess. I owned 5 of these and each one had over heating issues.

GusSmed

Feb 11, 2003
Small Net Builder ranks it at the top of AC1900 routers for range. The main reason I've stayed away from it is that I've had poor experience with the firmware for Netgear routers in the past, and the reviews I've seen on Amazon have reinforced that. I'm currently running a Netgear N600, and it's highly inconsistent about reporting attached devices, both wired and wireless, which is the same problem I had with a WNDR3700.

It's a good price, though. Amazon has refurbished units for $140, and new ones for $170.

bznotins

Oct 30, 2003
I'm on the lookout for another deal on this router. I have a Netgear N900, and unlike some, have had nothing but a great experience with it. Firmware stable, and almost never needs rebooting.

In fact, it working so well is the only reason I'm reluctant to upgrade (e.g. "if it ain't broke...")

kmmatney

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2000
Small Net Builder ranks it at the top of AC1900 routers for range. The main reason I've stayed away from it is that I've had poor experience with the firmware for Netgear routers in the past, and the reviews I've seen on Amazon have reinforced that. I'm currently running a Netgear N600, and it's highly inconsistent about reporting attached devices, both wired and wireless, which is the same problem I had with a WNDR3700.

It's a good price, though. Amazon has refurbished units for $140, and new ones for $170.

I had several problems with mine when I first bought it, and wrote a mediocre amazon review and said I would not recommend it (since amended). I had the same problems with some devices dropping off, etc... However after a few months the firmware updates fixed everything, and it's now been the best router I've ever owned. The only time I ever need to reboot it is about every 6 months when another firmware update comes out. I think a lot of the Amazon reviews were from people like me who bought it early on, or using older firmware. It also supports 3rd party firmware, although I don't see the need for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.