Refurbished ATI video cards..............

bullion416

Jun 17, 2001
I noticed that www.newegg.com likes to sell refurbished video cards are really cheap prices. Has anyone bought one of these refurbished cards from them? If so, have you had any problems?

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Refurbs do not come with the driver CD, any software or any cables. Most only have a 30 day warranty.

As a note, if an item is returned for ANY reason by a consumer and the box is open it cannot be sold as new. Federal law. You may get an as new product or something someone ran the piss out of. If that is a risk you can accept for the savings, go for it!

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
The former poster is slightly wrong. While Newegg says they do not include anything else other than the card itself, my refurbished 9700Pro came with CD, and all the cables, and adapters. It was great!

filmore crashcart

Dec 18, 1999
Not in all cases..... my 9700 pro came with nothing else, not even the power adapter. I had to make my own but the card seems to work fine.

KillaBong

Nov 26, 2002
Originally posted by: Tominator
Refurbs do not come with the driver CD, any software or any cables. Most only have a 30 day warranty.

As a note, if an item is returned for ANY reason by a consumer and the box is open it cannot be sold as new. Federal law. You may get an as new product or something someone ran the piss out of. If that is a risk you can accept for the savings, go for it!

Like Excelsior said, they sometimes do come with the other parts. If it doesnt work well, you might be able to return it to ati, or 3rd party, for a new one.

My ti4600 didnt come with anything, and it had some little problems. I shipped it to the manufacturer in a $1 shipping envelope.

They sent me a brand new sealed retail ti4600; works great.