Refurb HP TG01-0023w Pavilion Gaming Ryzen 5 3500 3.59GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB $459 shipped

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
OOS on vipoutlet.com , I haven't checked their listings on ebay to see if those are also OOS yet.

Great deal, though!

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Back in stock for the moment, and new users get 10 percent off coupon

My wife will kill me if I don't get rid of some of the stuff I have already. Dang, I wanted to jump on this. They are right off of U.S.1 in Miami it looks like, so even with tax since I am in FL. it was only $442 shipped.

Reactions: daveybrat

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I grabbed one for 442 shipped. It should make make a good backup PC and it's smaller than my mid tower 4670k backup PC. I'll sell my old 4th and 6th gen parts to make up some of the cost.

Edit: How long did it take to get an email order confirmation? I had to check out as guest because apparently I already had an account and it wouldn't let me use my shipping address because it belonged to an account.

Reactions: blckgrffn

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Looks like a good deal. I've been gathering a few parts for a new game build but video cards are so expensive. Anybody have experience with vipoutlet? I read some reviews on resellerratings and they were good. One review said they get returns from Walmart and other big retailers and refurbish and resell them.

The only thing I don't like about these one of kind specialty systems from HP and Dell is they usually put it out and then don't support them with driver/software updates. But it looks like this one has decent driver support.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Too late, I pulled the trigger but I had a lot of problems with their website. When I tried to checkout and create a new account I kept getting captcha errors. So then I went ahead and created a new account and then added it to my cart and checked out. Had some different captcha errors but was able to successfully place the order. I put in the first order coupon code during checkout and it showed up in the cart with the discount but when I checked out it removed the discount code and charged me normal price of $488.84. Not only that but my credit union sent me a possible CC fraud alert for this charge that I had to OK. Guess I'll have to contact them and see what they say.

The wife doesn't know about this so I'll have to figure something out to either hide it or explain it with bs. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
Seems like the GTX 1650 may be the key making it gaming. My research found a number of people bringing older systems up to playable levels with it.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
Wow, their checkout sucks. Create an account first, add your address and stuff before even trying to checkout. Adding info during checkout had recaptcha issues up the wazzoo.

Also, in for 1 with the 10% off coupon. Price with tax is $442.53.

Given that 1650 Supers are "worth" over $300 right now... well. I am hoarding I guess.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
OOS now. Fedex shipping label created and scheduled to be delivered this Monday. It's coming out of Rogers, AR. Still no word on adjusting my order for the 10%.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
OOS now. Fedex shipping label created and scheduled to be delivered this Monday. It's coming out of Rogers, AR. Still no word on adjusting my order for the 10%.

Was in and out of stock last night. Search on the site sucks. Check out sucks. I hope the product is good :)

Does the motherboard have video out ports? Thinking about putting a 2200G in it or similar and reselling after taking the parts out I want.

More specs:

400W platinum PSU? Nice.

Motherboard apparently has HDMI and VGA. That will do.

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I hope the product is good
Both times that I've ordered from vipoutlet on ebay, I ordered PCs, and both of them had incorrect (lesser) specs, than what was listed.
One was an older refurb Dell Sandy Bridge, supposed to have an i5, had an i3.
The other was a Ryzen 3200G or 2200G or something, it came with a Bristol Ridge APU instead.

So, I'm not ordering from vipoutlet any more.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
Both times that I've ordered from vipoutlet on ebay, I ordered PCs, and both of them had incorrect (lesser) specs, than what was listed.
One was an older refurb Dell Sandy Bridge, supposed to have an i5, had an i3.
The other was a Ryzen 3200G or 2200G or something, it came with a Bristol Ridge APU instead.

So, I'm not ordering from vipoutlet any more.

Yep, if it isn't as good or better than what I ordered it goes back.

Back in the days of people scoring these for ~$300 at WalMart a ton of them had 1660 Supers in them. I'd just be happy with getting what I ordered.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Was in and out of stock last night. Search on the site sucks. Check out sucks. I hope the product is good :)

Does the motherboard have video out ports? Thinking about putting a 2200G in it or similar and reselling after taking the parts out I want.

More specs:

400W platinum PSU? Nice.

Motherboard apparently has HDMI and VGA. That will do.
In the pics of the back of the PC on walmart I'm not seeing any video outs from the MB.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
In the pics of the back of the PC on walmart I'm not seeing any video outs from the MB.

Hehe, this reminds me of the good ole days trying to figure this kind of stuff out. Here is what I found. The motherboard has VGA and HDMI connectors but it appears they are only used when there is a Ryzen CPU with Radeon Vega Graphics. Otherwise, if a non-graphic CPU is used like the 3500 and a discrete graphics card the VGA and HDMI connectors are capped off. Maybe get a used 3200G if you want to take out the video card and resell the system.

Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
Processor​
TDP​
Integrated graphics​
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 3.7 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.2 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB cache, Quad core (Picasso)​
65 W​
Radeon Vega 11 Graphics​
AMD Ryzen 3 3200G, 3.6 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.0 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB cache, Quad core (Picasso)​
65 W​
Radeon Vega 8 Graphics​
AMD Athlon 300UGE, 3.6 GHz Base frequency, 4 MB cache, Dual core (Picasso)​
65 W​
Radeon Vega 3 Graphics​
AMD Ryzen 5 3500, 3.4 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.1 GHz burst frequency, 16 MB cache, Hexa core (Matisse)​
65 W​
NA​
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 3.6 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.4 GHz burst frequency, 32 MB cache, Octa core (Matisse)​
65 W​
NA​

Here is the Erica mobo. They incorrectly labeled the VGA port as serial port.

Mobo video outs capped of with black caps.
624035_115733_04_front_zoom.jpg

Reactions: balloonshark

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
They cap the video outs to keep n00bs from trying to use them. Some S.I.'s even use stickers indicating which video outputs to use.

Larry's experiences are off putting. hopefully you guys get what you ordered, and it works. ETA is a good guy, so he would have reported if his was nerfed or janky.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
They cap the video outs to keep n00bs from trying to use them. Some S.I.'s even use stickers indicating which video outputs to use.
Speaking of which, I endured a week of complaints from a friend, that I recently replaced and upgraded their GPU, because the old one died (IMHO, because it was never dusted/cleaned out properly), and they were giving me "negative feedback", because they claimed that the PC was "even slower" and "stuttery", and "some games wouldn't even load", after I worked on it.

Come to find out, a week or so into that, when they got a message when trying to open the Nvidia control panel, about something, which led both of us (friend on phone), to determine that said friend had plugged the monitor's HDMI plug into the mobo's Intel iGPU graphics port.

LOL. No wonder games were "stuttery" and some "wouldn't load".

Shut down, plug into actual GPU, power up, BOOM! Games sweet, fast, looking good!

All's well that ends well, I guess, but it's a real downer to get completely blamed for a week for helping a friend out, and they're (I guess) too clueless to know how to re-connect their PC up the way that they had it.

I can easily see why big OEMs "cap off" the iGPU ports. Even more important with Ryzen, as they are non-functional with a Ryzen CPU rather than an APU.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Speaking of which, I endured a week of complaints from a friend, that I recently replaced and upgraded their GPU, because the old one died (IMHO, because it was never dusted/cleaned out properly), and they were giving me "negative feedback", because they claimed that the PC was "even slower" and "stuttery", and "some games wouldn't even load", after I worked on it.

Come to find out, a week or so into that, when they got a message when trying to open the Nvidia control panel, about something, which led both of us (friend on phone), to determine that said friend had plugged the monitor's HDMI plug into the mobo's Intel iGPU graphics port.

LOL. No wonder games were "stuttery" and some "wouldn't load".

Shut down, plug into actual GPU, power up, BOOM! Games sweet, fast, looking good!

All's well that ends well, I guess, but it's a real downer to get completely blamed for a week for helping a friend out, and they're (I guess) too clueless to know how to re-connect their PC up the way that they had it.

I can easily see why big OEMs "cap off" the iGPU ports. Even more important with Ryzen, as they are non-functional with a Ryzen CPU rather than an APU.

Sounds like you need some little "Do Not Use" stickers.

My hands are wringing in anticipation of the arrival of my new gaming system on Monday. I was checking out the posts over at SD and found this is a popular deal that keeps coming up over there. I'm still reading through the threads to see what people experienced.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
Mine showed up today and it's like new and all the hardware is as promised. Zippy.

Actually really impressed. Quiet, well laid out, wifi & bt and the card is even slathered with GEFORCE GTX lettering and not some dull OEM special.

Photo for size comparison. Front ports are many and the green light shining down from the vent is a nice touch.

Attachments

• 0B636AD1-438F-4B1D-A0F5-4C1596D72B4F.jpeg
    0B636AD1-438F-4B1D-A0F5-4C1596D72B4F.jpeg
    542.1 KB · Views: 44

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Mine showed up today and it's like new and all the hardware is as promised. Zippy.

Actually really impressed. Quiet, well laid out, wifi & bt and the card is even slathered with GEFORCE GTX lettering and not some dull OEM special.

Photo for size comparison. Front ports are many and the green light shining down from the vent is a nice touch.
Huh, so you didn't end up with an Athlon 3000G and a GT 730? LOLWHUT?

Glad that vipoutlet did right by you, wonder why the listings that I purchased in the past, were so "unlucky". :|

Anyways, I wish I had gotten in on that deal, and I would have, had I not seen the 10100 + GTX 1650 ABS PC deal @ Newegg for $499. (Granted, that one was "new", but yours has better specs overall, slightly.)

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
Huh, so you didn't end up with an Athlon 3000G and a GT 730? LOLWHUT?

Glad that vipoutlet did right by you, wonder why the listings that I purchased in the past, were so "unlucky". :|

Anyways, I wish I had gotten in on that deal, and I would have, had I not seen the 10100 + GTX 1650 ABS PC deal @ Newegg for $499. (Granted, that one was "new", but yours has better specs overall, slightly.)

What sucks are the people that do that, “fool” the return folks and then pass that garbage on down the line. That’s pretty destructive and a huge waste of time for so many people, really.

Hope that ABS is solid! I’ll take the 3500 over anything short of a 10600k but hopefully the ABS has more normal hardware in it.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
Oh man, a full reset from the web still left all sorts of garbage - including McAffee installed. Gross!

The only prebuilts I buy anymore are Lenovo Thinkpads and the are relatively cruft free...

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Oh man, a full reset from the web still left all sorts of garbage - including McAffee installed. Gross!

The only prebuilts I buy anymore are Lenovo Thinkpads and the are relatively cruft free...
Out of the large OEMs, HP is usually the worst when it comes to crappy preinstalled software.

Reactions: blckgrffn

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
Out of the large OEMs, HP is usually the worst when it comes to crappy preinstalled software.

Opening up the Omen Control Software (allowing me to control the light on the front of the case, so that's cool enough) wants to use Google Analytics to report back to HP? Haha, hard pass. Thanks though.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Did you get a 3500 or 3600 CPU? Some over at SD said they got a 3600.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

I used to hate working on HP systems. They like to wrap the drivers with their software so you can't always install the vanilla drivers, install extra un-needed app software and sometimes whitelist certain hardware.

I Dell over HP.

Reactions: UsandThem