Refurb B&N Nook Color for $129; add Nook Simple Touch for $20 more

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no eBay links are allowed for Hot Deals.

bystander

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2002
Even though it's on eBay, it's not an auction - B&N is selling them.

Mods, please close or move as you see fit (sorry, it's my first *hot* deal!).

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
In his defense, the seller on ebay is Barnes and Noble. :p
Actually, a pretty good deal if you need/want both.

I know, but it's still the rules as I've found before. I'm not agreeing with them, just passing along the info. "No linking to auction sites" even if it's not an auction itself, the site itself is what's considered not a hot deal.

So... get in on this while you can still see the link :p Or just search ebay for B&N's official account. They have lots of good refurb Nook deals they put on ebay.

Graxe

Feb 5, 2008
This looks like a really good deal.

Sadly, I already have a Touchpad and a Kindle 3. I wouldn't know what to do with another tablet and ereader.

jalaram

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I know, but it's still the rules as I've found before. I'm not agreeing with them, just passing along the info. "No linking to auction sites" even if it's not an auction itself, the site itself is what's considered not a hot deal.

So... get in on this while you can still see the link :p Or just search ebay for B&N's official account. They have lots of good refurb Nook deals they put on ebay.

They are indeed pretty strict about this. Auto lock and removal of link.

I'm guessing that way they don't have to click on each link to know if a valid seller or not an auction.

hans030390

Diamond Member
Feb 3, 2005
Thanks, OP! Couldn't resist. I'll probably tinker around with the Nook Color for a while, though I'm doubting I'll keep it. I figure I can resell it and get a Nook Simple Touch for super cheap that way!

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I pulled the trigger on this, ironically the day before the Kindle Fire sale. I still think this is a better deal though, if the performance is satisfactory. For me, it will be. Wife just wants email, Facebook, and flixster. Plus I'll have a neat eink device to hack on.

My tab is an HTC Flyer. Highly recommended if you want active digitizer a la Galaxy Note.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I was going to ask why you'd want the 'simple' if you buy the color nook, but that deal's over anyway, the buy.com deal doesn't seem to have the bundle.

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
I was going to ask why you'd want the 'simple' if you buy the color nook, but that deal's over anyway, the buy.com deal doesn't seem to have the bundle.

More than one person in the household. e-ink is easier to read in the sun.

Between my gf and I we have a Touchpad and a Nook Color, but I've thinking about getting a Kindle/Nook to read on trips, etc. I would have gotten the bundle if it had been available when I got the NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.