Redskins vs Patriots

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: SSSnail
I seriously think anybody who cries running up the score, are just sore losers.

If you can, you'd do the same thing. This game is between grown men, and if you're beaten, then you should KNEEL and BEG for mercy. You don't just sit there and expect the other team to not beat you up too much, because of some silly unwritten rules.

Can't take it? Don't play, don't even show up. I'd do the same damn thing that Bilichick is doing, that's basically saying FU to all of the other coaches, and you Pats haters. He'll keep doing it until you all STFU.

I dunno, I think that it was a little bit of a dick move, but I understand where it's coming from. Everyone has demonized the Pats and tried to throw them and their SBs under the bus all season. This is there way of saying "we're better" and Bill's way of saying the whole scandal has nothing to do with his ability as a coach.

Rockinacoustic

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2006
Originally posted by: BlinderBomber
Originally posted by: SSSnail
I seriously think anybody who cries running up the score, are just sore losers.

If you can, you'd do the same thing. This game is between grown men, and if you're beaten, then you should KNEEL and BEG for mercy. You don't just sit there and expect the other team to not beat you up too much, because of some silly unwritten rules.

Can't take it? Don't play, don't even show up. I'd do the same damn thing that Bilichick is doing, that's basically saying FU to all of the other coaches, and you Pats haters. He'll keep doing it until you all STFU.

I dunno, I think that it was a little bit of a dick move, but I understand where it's coming from. Everyone has demonized the Pats and tried to throw them and their SBs under the bus all season. This is there way of saying "we're better" and Bill's way of saying the whole scandal has nothing to do with his ability as a coach.

Honestly these "unwritten rules" wouldn't have seen the light of day were it any other team. The Patriots are damn good. If they can win by those amounts all the power to them.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
whats funny is those saying it was a dick move would be saying something like "see he needs those tapes! he is bearly winning!".

i see this as a big FUCK YOU. to people. he is showing they can score at will. no matter what.

next week should be a good game. the way the pats are playing they should win. The defence is doing great and the offence is great. the Colts are going to have a hard time.

but it should be a good close game.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
Did Gibbs shake Bill's hand at the end of the game?

Edit: Nope, apparently he didn't, classless

Which coach is a confirmed cheater? Not Gibbs, that's for sure.

And did anyone else hear at halftime that the Redskins had no communication from the booth upstairs? Sports Illustrated had a mention about how numerous coaches complained last year that during crucial downs at the Pats stadium, booth communications would suddenly go dead. Coincidence? Given what we know about 'tape-gate', that's doubtful. NE is now the most classless organization in the NFL.

NatePo717

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Mursilis

And did anyone else hear at halftime that the Redskins had no communication from the booth upstairs? Sports Illustrated had a mention about how numerous coaches complained last year that during crucial downs at the Pats stadium, booth communications would suddenly go dead. Coincidence? Given what we know about 'tape-gate', that's doubtful. NE is now the most classless organization in the NFL.

:roll:

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001

Don't take his bait.

He said the same thing after the Dallas game.

imported_Lothar

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2006

A conspiracy theorist, I see...:roll:

rise

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
it's not like this is the most lopsided win in nfl history. i've seen the dolphins beat the pats 55-3 or something and no-one was calling for shulas head. just because the pats can do it fairly regularly, people are hating on them.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006

No you idiot, they said it's a "communication breakdown", not broken communication equipments. Basically, they have no idea why they suck so much.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

If one side loses communications, the other side must turn off their communications.

Funny thing, a couple of weeks ago during pregame, Steve Young brought up the issue and Bill Parcells talked about how Bill Seifert used to lose their communications forcing the opposite team to lose their's also at the start of the game. However, the 49ers had their first series of plays already scripted, so they didn't need communications putting the opposite team at a disadvantage.

Then Steve Young, brought up how Bill Parcells when he coached the Giants used to open the stadium garage doors on the field creating wind currents to screw-up the opponents field goal attempts.

Blushihtzu

Banned
Oct 26, 2007
I love it! I wish my Eagles were that good that they would slaughter everyone and running up score. It's what it's all about.

Class please. lol

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
The Fans pay for the games and should see the best from each team, not one team playing conservative so not to run up the score.

Mar 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Anonemous
just give them back the tapes so they show mercy!

lol it's too late! the patriots are in a state of total war against all opponents. the organization is out for blood. fox sports: "...highlights of the Patriots throttling of Washington." i've never heard a ball game described like that. that is the only acceptable outcome to the Patriots. THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER. so have the colts, next week is going to be awesome!

Sqube

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
I was talking to a friend of mine (who happened to be a Cowboys fan) before the game, and we decided we should try to make a checklist of everything the Skins would have to do to win this game:

- Establish the running game
- Get 3rd-and-short so that the Pats wouldn't be able to run all kinds of blitzes
- Long drives were a necessity. Putting the defense on the field constantly would lead to death
- No stupid turnovers
- Put pressure on Brady

What do you think the game would have been like if the Redskins had, you know, done any of that stuff? Anybody think that the game would at least have been competitive?