Recommendations for 3x2560x1440

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

slayernine

Jul 23, 2007
slayernine.com
Thought I would update this thread with a photo. Monitors came in on Tuesday, got them mounted decently. Currently hating myself for not buying three at the same time. With a couple settings changes I got the colours looking right (they are the same panel with dif. controller) but the VESA mounts on the crossover monitors are a slightly different position compared to the catleap...

2013-10-08%2023.54.30.jpg

Running on a single GTX 670. Got to move the 7970 into this computer so I can test eyefinity. Currently using two DL DVI + DP connections.

Edit: also want to mention that these monitors have terrible backlight bleeding in the corners. I have to take off the front bezel to get the stand off them so I hope I wasn't the cause of it somehow. I didn't use a screwdriver, just my fingers to pry it off.

Last edited:

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
What a shame the monitors dont line up?..awesome setup though...did you decide on GPUs?

slayernine

Jul 23, 2007
slayernine.com
What a shame the monitors dont line up?..awesome setup though...did you decide on GPUs?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to try out a single R9-290X or possibly two R9-290's OC'd. Something like that.

It really depends on the price, overclocking capabilities and of course the performance. AMD has really stressed that these new cards are great for eyefinity and they have lots of ROP's to handle big resolutions.

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
Sounds good, are you able to re-drill the holes (or elongate them) on the stand to bring the centre panel down to match the outside ones?
Its quite a fat bezel?!

slayernine

Jul 23, 2007
slayernine.com
Sounds good, are you able to re-drill the holes (or elongate them) on the stand to bring the centre panel down to match the outside ones?

Not really an option, the Catleap has a terrible mounting system. It feels weak enough already, it probably wouldn't take a terrible amount of effort to rip it off the VESA mount.

My only thought was to just ditch my purchased mounting system and build something out of wood that allows me to adjust the panel alignment. I'll get it figured out eventually...

Could also just use screen offset to digitally line them up but that wouldn't look as nice.