Recommendation for an electric shaver

jm0ris0n

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2000
Anyone have a recommendation for a moderately priced (less than 80 shipped) electric shaver (male).

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
They have a nice one at Costco.. Norelco something or other.. I bought one, but I'm not sure of the exact price. It was in the $70-$90 range.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: N8Magic
Braun Syncro.

Discussion over.
Isn't that like a buck thirty?

Don't get the Braun 5416 on sale at Amazon.com for around $30ish. It's not a bad shaver, but it doesn't cut very close.

OTOH, its sideburn trimmer is by far the best I've ever seen. The NiMH batteries last a good while on each charge as well.

JACKHAMMER

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Don't mean to sound like a commercial, but I have a Braun 5614 new in the box that I hvae lying around. PM me. :)

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
all I gotta say is "Panasonic" they got one that hums so nicely, I think the sucker moves at 13,000RPM. Not sure how that measures up to other shavers. But I like it's flat head, don't understand who came up with 3 circle heads to shave with being a good idea :)

Target has them for I think 80 for the nicer one, 60 for the nice one.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Norelco 8892 XL. Dang thing is great. Can'y stop using it. Even shave my head with it. Has a nice LCD display on it.

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
I love my Norelco Reflex. Super-comfortable, light, charge lasts forever. Was like $47 at Wal-Mart.

jm0ris0n

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2000
I have an ebay bid in for a Braun 7526. I hope I win it (40 mins left). I'll report back on how I like it. I hate blades because I get razor bumps on my neck even after I use aftershave, + this way I can shave more often without irritating my skin as much. I've been shaving for a while, but I have a girlfriend now, and with living at home for the summer my parents love to make comments about facial hair... :-/

I'm buying this as a mini birthday present for myself (Today I am 20 :) ).

Thanks for the advice !

styrafoam

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
I have the Braun 7505 and it works well enough. If you have any area on your face or neck that you have to apply a good amount of pressure with a traditional razor to get the hair to stand up you will have to do the same with and electric one. In my case I usually have to go over the sides of my throat and the bottom side of my jaw with a real razor to get all of the missed hairs.

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
Originally posted by: styrafoam
I have the Braun 7505 and it works well enough. If you have any area on your face or neck that you have to apply a good amount of pressure with a traditional razor to get the hair to stand up you will have to do the same with and electric one. In my case I usually have to go over the sides of my throat and the bottom side of my jaw with a real razor to get all of the missed hairs.

Ya, getting the chin and throat hair is the hardest with an electric shaver. I think my braun is too old now. I bought it like 7 years ago.

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Are any of these electrics as good as a Mach 3? I have a 5 year old Remington R845 and whenever I use it in the morning it feels almost like I never shaved by the middle of the afternoon. I always end up going back to the Mach 3. Granted the R845 is old and newer models should be better, but do any of them cut as good/close as the Mach 3?

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Panasonic wet/dry. Nothing beats being able to shave in the shower. I used to have Brauns but Panasonics are definitely the best. Unlike the Brauns, I've never had to replace the foils or heads.

vegetation

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Originally posted by: SpecialK
Are any of these electrics as good as a Mach 3? I have a 5 year old Remington R845 and whenever I use it in the morning it feels almost like I never shaved by the middle of the afternoon. I always end up going back to the Mach 3. Granted the R845 is old and newer models should be better, but do any of them cut as good/close as the Mach 3?

I have one of the newer Panasonic models given to me as a gift. It's ok but doesn't give me that close shave I get with a mach3.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Doggiedog
Panasonic wet/dry. Nothing beats being able to shave in the shower. I used to have Brauns but Panasonics are definitely the best. Unlike the Brauns, I've never had to replace the foils or heads.
Wet/Dry is king for sure.

I got one of those Norelco Advantage razors (with the goo dispenser), it does a pretty good job. I try and shave every day with it. Anymore I don't use the goo unless I have time for it, which is pretty rare. With the goo it does a great job, without it I am presentable at work :).

I think it's like ~80 at walmart. Super easy to clean, just run it under the water and every now and then pull out each head and rinse it off.