recommend me a multiplayer FPS that is free

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
I started playing Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: First Assault yesterday and I like it. I can easily pick up the game and play and i can upgrade my weapons for free. I am guessing this is not the best free to play multiplayer FPS. So please recommend something that is better than this game. Otherwise I will continue to enjoy this game until i have had my fill.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
You are not taking this seriously. But i loved the single player Quake 4 game where you had a squad half the time.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
You asked and got an answer. Quake 2 is free, still has an active multiplayer scene, and you can run it on a toaster, and it's better than GITS:SAC (the game). It meets all requirements set forth by your query.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
You asked and got an answer. Quake 2 is free, still has an active multiplayer scene, and you can run it on a toaster, and it's better than GITS:SAC (the game). It meets all requirements set forth by your query.

Although i played through that game almost 20 years ago it would have no interest to me today. I believe GITS is more fun.

JTDSR

Mar 16, 2012
I am playing a free game on Steam called Dirty Bomb. After buying the BF1 Premium Edition, and being an ardent BF supporter for years, I was quite disappointed in BF1. Someone from the forums here suggested this game on Steam, and for a month now, I have been having a blast of a time. I have spent about $25 on mercenaries, but you can also earn in game credits and get the mercenaries for free, albeit a bit more slowly.

It is designed in the fast paced Unreal Tournament style of gameplay, I believe it uses the Unreal engine also. Give it a shot, it is worth it for a free to try game.

Reactions: JimKiler

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
I am playing a free game on Steam called Dirty Bomb. After buying the BF1 Premium Edition, and being an ardent BF supporter for years, I was quite disappointed in BF1. Someone from the forums here suggested this game on Steam, and for a month now, I have been having a blast of a time. I have spent about $25 on mercenaries, but you can also earn in game credits and get the mercenaries for free, albeit a bit more slowly.

It is designed in the fast paced Unreal Tournament style of gameplay, I believe it uses the Unreal engine also. Give it a shot, it is worth it for a free to try game.

Looks fun i will try it.

I really like the upgrades GITS has however i am sure this is the norm for these multiplayer games. I play lots of FPS games but almost always the single player missions except the one a year LAN party. But if a game is fun i will keep playing it.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
lots of UT99 servers are still around. I usually host one but my server is temporarily down.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
You can get BFBC2 for super cheap... there a still quiet a few players out there, I still play it sometimes...

quakeworld

Aug 5, 2009
quakeworld (best fps, imho, but dead scene)
nquake.com/

urban terror
www.urbanterror.info

paladins
https://www.paladins.com/

Alliance of Valiant Arms
store.steampowered.com › ... › Free to Play Games › AVA Alliance of Valiant Arms

Fistful of Frags
store.steampowered.com › All Games › Free to Play Games › Fistful of Frags

Warsow
https://www.warsow.net/

TF2

Sven Coop
store.steampowered.com › All Games › Free to Play Games › Sven Co-op

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
I like TF2 and i played Planetside 2 (isn't this shutdown?) but i did not like Planetside 2. We played it a LAN party and it took forever to get everyone together and it was so laggy at times.

I know GITS is probably not well liked but it reminds me of Counter Strike and i like the upgrades. I will try some of these other ones as well. I installed Dirty Bomb so i will give that a try tonight.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
quakeworld (best fps, imho, but dead scene)
nquake.com/

urban terror
www.urbanterror.info

paladins
https://www.paladins.com/

Alliance of Valiant Arms
store.steampowered.com › ... › Free to Play Games › AVA Alliance of Valiant Arms

Fistful of Frags
store.steampowered.com › All Games › Free to Play Games › Fistful of Frags

Warsow
https://www.warsow.net/

TF2

Sven Coop
store.steampowered.com › All Games › Free to Play Games › Sven Co-op

Paladins looks like my kind of game, thanks!

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
mechwarrior living legends just came out as a standalone package (or it least in a "last hurrah" moment)

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I have also played Ghost in the Shell, pretty fun. Like it, also consider Blacklight retribution if it is still around.

Reactions: JimKiler