recommend me a Headset Mic

ockky

Jul 29, 2004
So i'm looking for a headset mic that doesn't have speakers attached to it. basically, i want something other than the desktop mic i'm rubberbanding around my noggin...any ideas?

why no speakers? because i like my 5.1 klipsch's just fine :)

Oct 30, 2004
One problem is that the sound coming from your speakers is liable to echo back to everyone who's listening to you through your microphone. That's something to think about, especially if you're using voice activation and not push-to-talk. The other people on your voice comm channel will want to strangle you (or mute you).

Smilin

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
Originally posted by: ockky
So i'm looking for a headset mic that doesn't have speakers attached to it. basically, i want something other than the desktop mic i'm rubberbanding around my noggin...any ideas?

why no speakers? because i like my 5.1 klipsch's just fine :)

Radio shack has a set that is just a mic and a piece that goes over each ear, connected behind your head. Like $20.

I'm in the same boat. I'm using Klipsch 5.1's for my speakers and some nice Sennheisers for my headphones. I didn't want to give up either of them for some telephone quality headphones just to get a mic.

edit: and no, I don't have any feedback issues from the speakers at all. That only really happens if you have some monitor mounted mic.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: WhipperSnapper
One problem is that the sound coming from your speakers is liable to echo back to everyone who's listening to you through your microphone. That's something to think about, especially if you're using voice activation and not push-to-talk. The other people on your voice comm channel will want to strangle you (or mute you).

that only happenes if you have your mic pick up set stupidily high while having your volume also set stupidily high