Recommend a webcam.

j0lly

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2001
I want to hear some experiences with people using a webcam to chat. I am planning to set something like up for two people. I have no idea where to start looking so a few recommendations and tips would help. Thanks. :)

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
There is a long thread about it in periferals somewhere (sorry Im tired and lazy). The original psoter recommended the Intel pc pro or something and the #1 in price and performance was a phillips cam. It also happens to be the $69 cam that apple sells through their site ;)

MWink

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I just got an Intel Pro PC Camera and it is quite good. It currently has a $30 rebate which makes it an even better deal. The picture quality is excellent IMO. I would give it a very good rating so far (I have only had it 1 day).

NotoriousJTC

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2000
Intel and Logitech are probably the most popular around these parts.....And for good reason, they make good webcams. I'm not entirely familiar with Logitech's line of cams, but i do know from Intel's 4 different models, that you can't go wrong with any of them.....

hoe4damoney

Banned
Aug 20, 2001
geek-girl was the #neochat nick of an AT'er who posted her webcam feed earlier today.

Very nice.... webcam.

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Vesta pro is one I would swear by. This thing looks weird as all get out, but it kicks serious a$$ when video conferencing. frame rates and camera controls are very good. Usually get one of these for 30 bux on ebay. but you wont find them cheap on pricewatch.

wnied

chuckieland

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2000
stay away from creative labs too
I have creative labs webcam go plus
and intel webcam pro
intel beat it by 100%