Recommend a place to take a a 3 day mini vacation

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
6 y. o. Daughter has a day off of school in a few weeks, and I have some free airtran tickets I need to use up before they expire next month.

So I figured I'd take her somewhere...was thinking disney world, but isn't that a huge park that one should be there for a week at least?

the day off is friday, so we'd leave thursday night and return sunday.

anyone have some other ideas/suggestions? We can fly anywhere airtran goes.

Text

I'm in Chicago

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Where are you?

I'd say New York City or Washington D.C. 3 days is a good amount of time for a single city, I went to both when I was 6-7 and it was a lot of fun.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
I know she would absolutely love disney world...would Magic Kingdom on friday, and Epcot on saturday be realistic?

snoopdoug1

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2002
Originally posted by: daveymark
I know she would absolutely love disney world...would Magic Kingdom on friday, and Epcot on saturday be realistic?

You could do that, although I'm sure she'd want to go back for more :) I think when I went there as a kid, we had the 5 day hopper passes and that was just about right. We did Magic Kingdom for 2 days, Epcot for 1, a waterpark for 1, and then i can't remember the rest. :)

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
I'd say Disney is realistic. Sure, you can spend a week there and still not do everything. But if you just want to hit up 2 parks in 3 days, it's do-able. Just be prepared for a lot of walkin' :p

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
AirTran flies to San Diego. You could take her to see the zoo (wonderful zoo), the wild animal park, the aircraft carrier (might not be fun for a 6 yo), the ocean (La Jolla beaches are beautiful), etc. You should be able to do most of that in a day or so. One day the zoo, wild animal park, etc. and the other day spending casual time at the ocean and nice restaurants along the coast.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
wow, there was a show tonight on discovery HD about little known activities at disney world. the dolphins in depth thing looks awesome.

Parasitic

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2002
South Dakota would be awesome to visit...go see Mt. Rushmore and how empty and desolate those states are and how people still bother to live there.

Heller

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2006
Could you possably let her miss one day of school and leave wens? Do mgm thurs epcot fri and Disney sat!

Flammable

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2007
Originally posted by: Heller
Could you possably let her miss one day of school and leave wens? Do mgm thurs epcot fri and Disney sat!

yeah i mean, once ina lifetime disney AND she's only 6...what kind of work can she be missing unless it doesn't fall into your schedule