Recommend a mag...

aCynic2

Apr 28, 2007
that is geared toward the development and business side of games. I bought a PC Gamer and I'm disappointed.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
well yeah, PC gamer is about the games, not developing them...what on the cover of the mag made you think it had what you were looking for???

i've seen maybe one or 2 that might deal with what you are looking for, but can't remember what they are called.

aCynic2

Apr 28, 2007
"The Mastermind Behind Supreme Commander and Dungeon Seige is taking RPGs in a revolutionary direction."

As quoted from the cover. I would have thought this was a blurb about an interview or discussion on what this developer is envisioning. Oh well...I'll keep looking and asking

Jun 20, 2005
I don't know much about print publications for gamedev but see Game Developer Magazine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Developer_Magazine). I'd recommend gamepolitics.com, gamasutra.com, gamesindustry.biz, and gamedev.net for online articles and community. Gameproducer.net isn't bad, but it's not as professional as the other sites and focuses more on the "little guys" and how to make money being one of them.

aCynic2

Apr 28, 2007
Originally posted by: EmreNU
Gameproducer.net isn't bad, but it's not as professional as the other sites and focuses more on the "little guys" and how to make money being one of them.

That might be my speed as I'm the only one doing this. My goal is to get a working prototype made to showcase and draw in support. For now, I'm making my own models and textures, but I might contract that out if I can find someone who understands physics: rotational kinematics and torque, moments of inertia, center of mass and center of percussion, etc.

Modeling rotation of a rigid body is 3D space, free of constraints is proving to be more involved than first year physics.:)

I think I'm going back to school.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I only buy UK PC mags. American PC mags really suck. My favorite is PC Format.