Recommend a good humidifier?

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
something for a bedroom. must be easy to clean. inexpensive would be nice as well :)

ski2slow

Jan 26, 2003
I have one of these Slant-Fin's.
I know they are not the cheapest but it is a very good one. It sterilizes the water in two ways.
If you don't keep the water tank very clean in the ultrasonic ones, you will be putting allergens into the air.

Good luck!:cool:

arcas

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2001
Whatever humidifer you get, I highly recommend you get one with a humidistat so that it doesn't run constantly. Not only does it cut down on the frequency of refills but too much humidity in a room can be bad (both for the room itself and for your health).

By the way, Meijer stores in my area currently have humidifiers on clearance so if there's one in your area, you might want to take a look.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: arcas
Whatever humidifer you get, I highly recommend you get one with a humidistat so that it doesn't run constantly. Not only does it cut down on the frequency of refills but too much humidity in a room can be bad (both for the room itself and for your health).

By the way, Meijer stores in my area currently have humidifiers on clearance so if there's one in your area, you might want to take a look.

thanks for the tip!

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
Go to Walmart and get an *ultrasonic* humidifier ($25-35).
Why?
B/C you won't have to constantly buy new evaporative filters.
There is no free ride tho, you need to clean your ultrasonic humidifier about once a week with white vinegar, otherwise stuff will grow in it.

edit: ps, if it doesn't say ultrasonic, it isn't.
Also, it the humidifier does not have a humidistat, get a humidity guage; altho your nose and hands usually will let you know when the air is too dry.

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
AprilAir makes good ones for your forced air heating system (built-in), $300-400.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
I got a Hunter one a few months ago when my wife got that flu bug that ravished colorado. the damn thing worked great for about a month then it started to spit water like a mo-fo and totally soaked my carpet. took it back and it cost $50.00 bucks.