Recommend a game like LoL on Steam

Dec 28, 2001
Being stupid here, I know that you can add non-steam games to its listing; but not counting the upcoming DOTA2, are there any games like LoL on steam?

Wardawg1001

Sep 4, 2008
Rise of Immortals.

Free to play game, its in very rough shape, but supposedly they are improving it. I played it for about 40 minutes and went back to HoN. But if you are desperate for something new in that genre, there really isn't much else out there.

Clinkster

Aug 5, 2009
Not on Steam, but HoN started off as a DotA clone before deviating. Long story short, if you haven't played it, it'll prepare you better for DotA2 a hundred times better than LoL has/will.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
In it's basic gameplay mechanics/ideas, Bloodline Champions is similar to DotA/LoL/HoN. I think it's also a lot more fun because it does away with all the 'farming' and 'snowballing' and the like. It's pure arena pretty much, though there are also CTF and Conquest modes.

Biggest differences are that there's no autotargetting, if you land an attack/ability it's because you timed it or placed it right. There are no items or gold, every champion is roughly equal, though through patches they wax and wane inevitably. Matches are much shorter, with a best of 5 arena (the 'base' game mode) usually taking between 5 and 10 minutes. Fewer playable champions, but they're much more developed and more intuitive going from one to another.

marino.DV

Sep 5, 2011
well if you are not a fan of Dota and Dota 2 seems to far aways you should always try HoN which is also free