Recommend a few songs similar to "Riders on the Storm"

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
Anyone know of a few songs similar to The Doors "Rider on the Storm"? I want to put together a CD compilation with a trippy, laidback type of theme. I kinda dig songs with the heavy keyboards and spacey type vibe, any suggestions?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
One toke over the line...

Sorry. I just dropped in to see what condition my condition is in.

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
Try some Dream Theater. The other stuff from the Doors is cool too like L.A woman.

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by: chuckywang
How about Pink Floyd?

I'm only familiar with a couple of their albums. But I do have a couple of Alan Parson's songs (Voyager and What goes up.. ) on my list, I think he produced a couple of their albums.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Deep Purple: "smoke on the water" extended version (not the 3 minute long crap)
Pink Floyd songs probably along those lines that you described in the OP:

The entire Dark Side of the moon album as well as the entire Meddle album, any song on those albums should fit you nicely, check out Echoes (the song on Meddle, not the "best of" cd).

Those two albums fit the description of what you are looking for perfectly

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Just a question, the version of that song in NFSU2, who dubbed it, Snoop Dogg? And why? Did he try to make himself be seen as a more credible artist or something?

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: zoiks
Try some Dream Theater. The other stuff from the Doors is cool too like L.A woman.

LA Women is more rockie. The End by The Doors is more like Riders on the Storm.

EDIT: Come to think of it, if you like Riders on the Storm, I don't see how you won't like The End. Also, The Crystal Ship by The Doors.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Arkitech
How about Pink Floyd?

I'm only familiar with a couple of their albums. But I do have a couple of Alan Parson's songs (Voyager and What goes up.. ) on my list, I think he produced a couple of their albums.

Text

He, as in who?

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by: bamacre
How about Pink Floyd?

Text

He, as in who?

I'm pretty sure Alan Parson either was a producer or engineer on the Dark Side of the Moon album

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre
How about Pink Floyd?

Text

He, as in who?

I'm pretty sure Alan Parson either was a producer or engineer on the Dark Side of the Moon album

Yep.

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/parsons_alan_project/bio.jhtml

Bamacre = pwned.

waitman

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2002
Inagaddadavida by Iron Butterfly, the long version with the drum solo! Great stuff!

ManyBeers

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2004
Anyone know of a few songs similar to The Doors "Rider on the Storm"? I want to put together a CD compilation with a trippy, laidback type of theme. I kinda dig songs with the heavy keyboards and spacey type vibe, any suggestions?

"White Bird" by It's A Beautiful Day
"Low Spark of High Heeled Boys" by Traffic
"Sands of Time" by Fleetwood Mac

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
Riders on the storm is a laid-back slightly psych. theme to it.

I would recommend 'Blue Collar' by BTO, very similar, about the same length.

Also mentions are: Born on the Bayou by CCR, Spill the Wine by Eric Burden & WAR

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: yellowfiero
Riders on the storm is a laid-back slightly psych. theme to it.

I would recommend 'Blue Collar' by BTO, very similar, about the same length.

Also mentions are: Born on the Bayou by CCR, Spill the Wine by Eric Burden & WAR

CCR's version of Heard it Through the Grapevine.