Recent P&N thread shows up on Google Search

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Due to the controversy over my ?Marine?s Note? thread I decided to google the term ?Marine?s Note? and see if I could find any evidence as to whether the e-mail was fake or not.

Imagine my surprise when right there on the first page, 6th response, was our own very thread on the issue.

I am not sure if this makes us famous or something, but I found it cool so I thought I would share it with everyone.
Google search
link I got from search

BTW: Now that we are showing up on Google I think we should all start to elevate our posts, no more incorrect spelling or punctuation allowed. Would hate the world to think we are a bunch of uneducated buffoons.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Due to the controversy over my ?Marine?s Note? thread I decided to google the term ?Marine?s Note? and see if I could find any evidence as to whether the e-mail was fake or not.

Imagine my surprise when right there on the first page, 6th response, was our own very thread on the issue.

I am not sure if this makes us famous or something, but I found it cool so I thought I would share it with everyone.
Google search
link I got from search

BTW: Now that we are showing up on Google I think we should all start to elevate our posts, no more incorrect spelling or punctuation allowed. Would hate the world to think we are a bunch of uneducated buffoons.

Old News, It's not new for AT P&N to show up on Google

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I search tech stuff in Google and AnandTech stuff shows up all the time.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Yep. Google is a far better way to search the AT Forums than the AT search "feature".

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Yep. Google is a far better way to search the AT Forums than the AT search "feature".

That is true but applies even more to Microsoft searches. :p

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
That is true but applies even more to Microsoft searches. :p
Point taken, but that's not setting the bar very high. :)

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

Google search
link I got from search

Did you find anything to authenticate your "Marine's Note"or are you just vanity posting?

bsobel

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Dec 9, 2001
In one OS thread, the OP asked a question, I answered it. He asked for a follow-up so I hit google to check, and our thread was the first hit (this was all within about 10 minutes too).

Trevelyan

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
I believe AT is one of the top 10 messageboards on the Internets. Therefore, the Googles love us. :D

Really? I seriously doubt that...

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

Google search
link I got from search

Then you should PROBABLY stop posting bullshit like that. :D

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Harvey
Dubyah said he sometimes uses "the Google." He should try searching for the term, "miserable failure" sometime. :laugh:
That's cute Harvey
Let's see...
Link 1 President of the United States - George W. Bush
Link 2 Biography of Jimmy Carter
Link 3 Welcome to MichaeleMoore.com
and then the truth... two articles about Bush being "google bombed"
In other words the google system has been tricked into giving the first three links.

Sunner

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Harvey
Dubyah said he sometimes uses "the Google." He should try searching for the term, "miserable failure" sometime. :laugh:
That's cute Harvey
Let's see...
Link 1 President of the United States - George W. Bush
Link 2 Biography of Jimmy Carter
Link 3 Welcome to MichaeleMoore.com
and then the truth... two articles about Bush being "google bombed"
In other words the google system has been tricked into giving the first three links.

:Q OH...MY...GOD! :Q