Recent heat spike unlike anything in 11,000 years

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Oh yes we do...you seem to think animals don't influence their habbits...that is false.

Go live in cave if you truely believe that...I dare you.

Humans have reduced the population of the Asiatic lion to a few hundred currently living in a small area of India. They have wiped out, or will wipe out, other species etc. I know I'm sounding like a hippie or whatever, like the other posted called me, but I don't see any other species besides humans inflicting such devastation on the earth. I'm sure animals influence their habitats (I think that's what you intended) but not to the degree that humans do.

We are living against nature rather than with it.

If I were not living in a average sized city with proper housing then maybe I might have to live in a cave. But to live a so-called "green" lifestyle just for its sake has no meaning.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Humans have reduced the population of the Asiatic lion to a few hundred currently living in a small area of India. They have wiped out, or will wipe out, other species etc. I know I'm sounding like a hippie or whatever, like the other posted called me, but I don't see any other species besides humans inflicting such devastation on the earth. I'm sure animals influence their habitats (I think that's what you intended) but not to the degree that humans do.

We are living against nature rather than with it.

If I were not living in a average sized city with proper housing then maybe I might have to live in a cave. But to live a so-called "green" lifestyle just for its sake has no meaning.

Its called natural selection. Survival of the fittest.

Maybe if nature stopped attacking us with earthquakes, hurricanes, plagues, etc we wouldn't have to live against it?:confused:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The problem with the new hockey stick, is the smoothing.

Takes a bit to explain, but their data is heavily smoothed - making sudden changes less than several hundred years in length impossible to determine. The modern climate is NOT part of that record, they simply took the smoothed proxies and then spliced our ground based thermometer record onto the end of it.

Unless the modern warm period lasted for another 400+ years, it wouldn't even show up on their data.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Liberal propaganda is Liberal. The article can be debunked right off the bat by it's claim of weather 11,000 years ago. The world is only around 2000 years old, making such claims impossible.

The world is 5773 +250 -0 years old plus 6 days. ;)

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
My first response was aproximate.

No, you said it did not drop at first - that is not an approximation, it is a straight up lie. I would have said you were just wrong, but the chart you posted made it obvious the temps dropped at the end.

You saying they did not while posting a chart showing they did is what I challenged. I know you hate it when your lies are exposed, and you try and pretend you did not type them, but you definitely were exposed this time.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
No, you said it did not drop at first - that is not an approximation, it is a straight up lie. I would have said you were just wrong, but the chart you posted made it obvious the temps dropped at the end.

You saying they did not while posting a chart showing they did is what I challenged. I know you hate it when your lies are exposed, and you try and pretend you did not type them, but you definitely were exposed this time.

Que?