Receive a different item than ordered. What can I do?

BlueIce

Jan 13, 2000
Ordered a product from Onvia, with specs I want. But they shipped me a smiliar, but different item, what should I do?

I remember reading about how with a credit card purchase, they can't sub a different item, and if they did, you get to keep that for free... they screwed me over cuz I need that order to be on time.

This is the first time it has happened to me. What did you do when that happened to you?

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
They cannot substitute a LESSER item without your permission. However, if their policies state that they can substitute a BETTER item, then they are legally entitled to do so.

However, the fact that they can legally do it, does not negate your right to place the purchase in dispute with your CC company.

Russ, NCNE

IBhacknU

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Have you tried calling them to see what they could do? If you talk to them tomorrow, and they send it out next day air... you'd have it Tuesday. Does that work?

If the item with the specs you want is out of stock, then you're probably out of luck.

You really need to call them. Just try to be nice. Ask JonnyGURU if you don't believe me. ;)

BlueIce

Jan 13, 2000
BTW: It is a LESSER VALUE item than ordered. What will the CC company do?

I guess calling them monday is the only thing I can do now. I just found out from a friend. Anywayz, we see who eats the shipping back to them, hopefully not me.

IBhacknU

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
If it's there mistake, they should take care of shipping.

My experience with Oniva has been positive.