reccomend some good techno songs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Originally posted by: DLeRium
Originally posted by: rikadik
Right, there's one thing I'm confused about. Whenever people talk about 'techno' songs on here, everyone just talks about commercial trance and general dance music. Has 'techno' become just a general term for dance music?

It's because there's a lot of people who can't really describe it all since they're not that into electronica. Honestly, I feel that electronica encompases it all.

But most people don't know jack crap. They hear some electronica or me listening to electronica, and they say "Oh I didn't knwo you were into house/trance. Ok, house and trance are like SO DAMN DIFFERENT.

BTW, this might help people out:
http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

Wow was that useful. But yeah, I'm into house AND trance.

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Right, there's one thing I'm confused about. Whenever people talk about 'techno' songs on here, everyone just talks about commercial trance and general dance music. Has 'techno' become just a general term for dance music?

It's because there's a lot of people who can't really describe it all since they're not that into electronica. Honestly, I feel that electronica encompases it all.

But most people don't know jack crap. They hear some electronica or me listening to electronica, and they say "Oh I didn't knwo you were into house/trance. Ok, house and trance are like SO DAMN DIFFERENT.

TBH The OP said he wanted Techno, and that's what I thought he wanted at first, but it seemed what he meant was Electronica in general, so I just gave suggestions that fit that idea.

DarkThinker

cirrrocco

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004
Marc Marberg with Kyau & Albert - Megashira
Kaskade - Be Still
George Acosta- melodrama
Ghost in the Machine-Kenneth Thomas
Life Less Ordinary-Alex MORPH & Rank 1
I Am-Chakra
gabriel and Dresden - Tracking Treasure down

let me know if you need more.

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001

House and trance are not THAT different...and they crossover a lot...

as a matter of fact, a lot of "electronica" crosses over with each other...and the DI guide shows this...

RaiderJ

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
I just downloaded Planisphere - Solarism. Great trance (not so much dance music).

For more club type stuff, A State of Trance is the way to go. 295 episodes so far?

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
Originally posted by: dartworth

House and trance are not THAT different...and they crossover a lot...

as a matter of fact, a lot of "electronica" crosses over with each other...and the DI guide shows this...

House and trance were, originally, pretty different. Example: Jungle Brother's "girl I'll House you" vs. Jam n Spoon's "Angel'. Pretty different stuff. One baring resemblence to hip hop with a faster beat, and the other spawning from European electro from the 80's.

Oh yeah,

Check out Royksopp's "49 percent" (Angello and Ingrosso mix) and C-Mos "2 million ways"(Axwell mix).

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
DJ Foggy -- Come into my dreams
Cascada -- Piece of Heaven
DJ Tiesto [gigi d'argantio remix] -- summer jam

Tommouse

Feb 29, 2004
DJ Tiesto as well as Orbital have the habit of driving me insane. Don't get me wrong, there is some good stuff in there, but on most of their stuff if you have heard 15 seconds of the song ... you have heard it all. But anyways, my recommendations. :)

BT - Rare & Remixed (my favorite album)
Hybrid - Wide Angle
Chemical Bros - Plenty of fun stuff in there. Check out Star Guitar the video is great
The Crystal Method is a good time as well. Check out their Vegas disk

I don't know much about the different sub genres of "Techno" I just listen to what makes my foot tap, so this might be what your looking for or way off, but give them a shot none-the-less. :thumbsup: