Rebuilding Iraq Is...

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
...Nothing a Few Middle-Class Guys Couldn't Solve

Just read it. It's a very powerful article no matter which side of the WAR fence you sit.

<snip from page 5>
What Iraq needs most, Wathiq says, is a respite from politics. ''Focus on economics,'' he says. ''Politics divides people because you compete for dominance. You please the Shiites, the Sunnis won't like it. You please the Kurds, the Arabs won't like it. But business unites people. If you're a Sunni and I'm a Christian, we can always make a deal. When we make money together, everybody gets a dividend. It's like a dinner with enough food for everyone.''
</snip from page 5>

CkG

SillyMan

Jan 25, 2001
I think that 1/2 the money taken in from oil sales should be divided among the people of Iraq at the end of each year and the other 1/2 to the government.
This would give them all and interest in seeing that the oil flow and give them money to spend which would make the economy grow

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
that was an excellent article, and i hope those 2 men prosper.

as a side note, i would love for the middle east to become civil and non [or at least less] violent so i can travel without fear for my life so i can see all of the ancient holy land of Christianity, Judiasm, and Islam. ya know, Jeruselem, Damascus, Babylon, Constatinople [now Istanbul] and all the others.

buckmasterson

Oct 12, 2002
Iraq, like the other Middle East countries will prosper only if they separate Church and State. Business will not survive anywhere if the government is based on religious belief, as the profits will be swallowed up by a select few religious leaders who are idolized by a small majority. They will use this money to attack the rest. If you think that simply installing business is the answer, think again.

gaga38

Apr 15, 2003
it is just an utopy
all the area is more than religious so if you want to establish a democracy it will lead to the creation of a religious state as it is what ppl want