Reboots when trying to access BIOS or boot menu.

Synomenon

Lifer
Dec 25, 2004
I'm happy with my Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H. Have a strange problem with it though.

Sometimes when I hit the "Delete" key to get into the BIOS, it will freeze then suddenly reboot.

Same thing happens sometimes when I hit the "F12" key to get into the boot menu.

Finally, it sometimes will freeze at the POST screen that shows the total memory, BIOS version, etc. then after a few seconds it'll reboot as well and continuously do this until I cut power to the thing.

I'm running the latest BIOS (version F6).

Synomenon

Lifer
Dec 25, 2004
I've already cleared the CMOS twice, each time after reconfiguring the BIOS.

I do use a PS/2 keyboard.

Something just came to mind though. There's a setting in the BIOS called, "Performance Enhance" with the options: Standard, Turbo, or Extreme. I just finished testing my RAM with HCI Memtest Deluxe (the bootable DOS version) and Memtest86+. I ran both testing programs for around 32 hours. No errors found at all. When running the tests, I had my RAM's XMP profile enabled and had that "Performance Enhance" setting set to Extreme.

There is a disclaimer in the BIOS that some system instability may result from setting it to Extreme. Maybe that's what's causing these reboots?

Synomenon

Lifer
Dec 25, 2004
Hmmm... I visited their Taiwan, Global, US and French websites and didn't see this F8 BIOS posted in any of those. Is this an official BIOS or a third party / hacked one?