Reasons to not vote for Herman Cain

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
It seems the Repubs would prefer a far right 9-9-9'er dingle berry than a moderate "cultist". Then again, another far right pretty boy who can't debate worth a damn and sympathizes with in-state tuition paying illegal immigrants still being a viable contender just makes things wierder still. Throw in the other contenders and now the whole shee-bang looks like a lost episode from Gillgan's Island just got broadcast.

This all makes Kerry and Dukakis look like prime time good-as-gold sure fire winners in their time.

Obama must be feeling pretty good about his chances for an other term right about now.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I will vote for Herman Cain just to shut up the lefties. You know... the ones who cry racism in response to any thread critical of obama's policies.

Cain is more black than obama so that alone would make a lefties head explode.

:eek::eek:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
- Cain is a tool of the Koch Brothers' political machine and represents their agenda.
http://news.yahoo.com/long-ties-koch-brothers-key-cains-campaign-110518961.html

A man who is conservative, UNLIKE Bush, McCain, or Romney.

Dear gods, he might not be one of you! That would be a nice change. This is like saying Obama is supported by the Unions, is that a negative for you? No. Neither is this for Cain.

This is a neutral / positive.

- Cain's 9-9-9 plan - the centerpiece of his policy platform - is nothing but a regressive plan to shift wealth to the top, which will double taxes on the middle class.
Removing the rich's loopholes and forcing them to pay their fair share is just what we need. A wider tax base is just what we need.

This is most certainly positive, THE key principle of supporting Cain.

- Cain is an un-presidential 'yahoo', seriously espousing such notions as 'bills are too large; he will promise to veto any bill over three pages long.'
Democrat's 2,000 and 1,000 page bills can go f' themselves. You've done enough damage with hiding crap in your bills. Remember, we have to pass them to find out what's in them. GO TO HELL!

Absolute positive.

- Cain panders to religious bigotry, pledging to never appoint any Muslim to his cabinet.
I'd have a real hard time doing that as well. I figure he holds the same grudges I do, but more so with what Islam has done to Africa.

Neutral / non issue.

--------------------

So there you have it. You oppose the man cause he's conservative. This is not news, come back when you've got something practical.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Removing the rich's loopholes and forcing them to pay their fair share is just what we need. A wider tax base is just what we need.

this point: still does nothing regarding capital gains, which is the actual income of the wealthy.

you guys seem to have a very loose interpretation of "fair share."

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I'd have a real hard time doing that as well. I figure he holds the same grudges I do, but more so with what Islam has done to Africa.

Neutral / non issue.

I really hope you're not serious about that....

The issue brought up is that someone shouldn't be immediately disqualified for a position based on religion, race or gender (probably some other things you can include in that list as well). You are more than welcome to your distaste for the radical Muslim ideals that provoked the heinous terrorist attacks, but simply stereotyping every Muslim like that is an incredibly intolerant thing to do.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
If it's one thing I've learned over the last few years, is to never listen to a progressive activist's opinion on the things he is naturally an enemy of.

That's only half of what you should've learned. Shouldn't listen to a conservative activist's opinion on the things he/she is naturally an enemy of, either.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Cain's tax policy is a mess, his economic adviser backtracked on it, now he has, a total loon.