Reasons to not vote for Herman Cain

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Additions are invited. A couple to start:

- Cain is a tool of the Koch Brothers' political machine and represents their agenda.
http://news.yahoo.com/long-ties-koch-brothers-key-cains-campaign-110518961.html

- Cain's 9-9-9 plan - the centerpiece of his policy platform - is nothing but a regressive plan to shift wealth to the top, which will double taxes on the middle class.

- Cain is an un-presidential 'yahoo', seriously espousing such notions as 'bills are too large; he will promise to veto any bill over three pages long.'

- Cain panders to religious bigotry, pledging to never appoint any Muslim to his cabinet.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Cain sucks ass. No libertarian/confederalist conservative would vote for him. Most Paul supporters would hate it less if Obama was reelected, myself included. The sooner we either get Dr. Paul to be President Paul, or the sooner the shit hits the fan, the better off we'll be, and the quicker it will be over. No need in a having the Kochtopus trying to cover shit up under the veil of phony conservatism.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Cain is the right-wing flavor of the month. His ideas are so nutty even the Tea Party will abandon him. He'll be history by November.

With such a field of right-wing midgets, unless someone comes out of left field I can't imagine anyone other than Romney ultimately getting the Republican nomination.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
He believes that abortion should be illegal under all circumstances. Once I learned that I stopped caring what his other positions were.

BTW, the Tea Party claims they're all about small gov't and fiscal discipline, but why is it that every candidate they like is a batshit crazy religious fundie.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Might as well add because he is black. :rolleyes:

Oh wait, that's only a reason to vote FOR someone, not racist at all.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
Yes, Craig will always do that. But regardless, I think if the economy remains in the current funk come Nov next year and Romney is the GOP candidate, Romney wins. If it's anyone else, Obama wins. Discussion over.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Yes, Craig will always do that. But regardless, I think if the economy remains in the current funk come Nov next year and Romney is the GOP candidate, Romney wins. If it's anyone else, Obama wins. Discussion over.

What if things don't stay the same, what if they get worse?

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

The GOP establishment HATES Romney. :thumbsup::thumbsup::whiste:

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I've got a reason why Cain should run. He can reuse John McCain's old election posters and bumper stickers; dubbing himself MC Cain....

MC Cain - keeping it plain cause he's insane in the membrane...

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
I've got a reason why Cain should run. He can reuse John McCain's old election posters and bumper stickers; dubbing himself MC Cain....

MC Cain - keeping it plain cause he's insane in the membrane...

Guess that goes for the other side too since he still can't run on any record.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Cain is the right-wing flavor of the month. His ideas are so nutty even the Tea Party will abandon him. He'll be history by November.

With such a field of right-wing midgets, unless someone comes out of left field I can't imagine anyone other than Romney ultimately getting the Republican nomination.
Yep, new year's at the latest I'd think. No chance of winning.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Whatever.

If it's one thing I've learned over the last few years, is to never listen to a progressive activist's opinion on the things he is naturally an enemy of.

And I mean, the 9-9-9 plan? Who cares? Even if he's elected President, the plan would never even make it to a vote in congress, regardless of who wins control of congress. Every Presidential candidate comes out with plans after plans after plans that we all know will never come to be, no matter how good or how bad they are.

Hell, I want to vote for Cain just *because* of this "connection" with the Koch Brothers, just because I know it'll piss off a lot of people whom I don't like :p

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
I will vote for Herman Cain just to shut up the lefties. You know... the ones who cry racism in response to any thread critical of obama's policies.

Cain is more black than obama so that alone would make a lefties head explode.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005

The only way Romney isn't the GOP candidate is if he's assassinated. The rest of the GOP field is so bad that I wouldn't be surprised if Romney has the nomination wrapped up by Super Tuesday (March 6).

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
The GOP establishment HATES Romney. :thumbsup::thumbsup::whiste:

Very true. That guy's a douche. I'd rather Obama remain president since he's just carried on doing what GWB was doing before him. No need to bring in some right wing religious knucklehead to rock the boat.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The purpose of all non-Romney candidates taking turns for the lead and getting exposure, is simply to show how amazingly good Romney is in light of the rest of the field.

The only surprise would be Huntsman suddenly gaining some exposure, only to have it revealed that he's an Illuminati underground anarchist with a platform of abolishing all science and re-writing the history books to inform children that Reagan was the first president, and that Rome is the Biblical gateway to hell.