Really tempted to get an X5

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
I've always loved the look of this car and my C class isn't cutting it in the winter here in NE. Especially now that the winter is almost over I can probably negotiate a pretty good price. Argh, gotta resist though - need to buy a house next year.

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Buy a house before you buy a new Bimmer.

I'd probably get 2004 model right around the time 2005 models come out - it's cheaper that way. Btw, house prices here are outrageous - $250,000+ for a decent condo.

Originally posted by: PowerMac4Ever
Why an X5? They're nice and all, but the cargo room is lacking.

I don't have a family so cargo isn't really a big concern. However, price is. A more reasonable choice would be RX300, which can be had for around $35,000.

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
... you guys make too much money!

I want some! :( :(

X5's are nice. Ever consider the Chayane(sp?)?

SCSIfreek

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Argo
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Buy a house before you buy a new Bimmer.

I'd probably get 2004 model right around the time 2005 models come out - it's cheaper that way. Btw, house prices here are outrageous - $250,000+ for a decent condo.

250K is nothing..... Wish houses around here were that cheap. I'll be able to get a X5 4.6 if my condo was 250K lol. Its more like $500,000 for a one bedroom apartment here in San Francisco. :(..

--SCsi

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000

Originally posted by: PowerMac4Ever
Why an X5? They're nice and all, but the cargo room is lacking.

I don't have a family so cargo isn't really a big concern. However, price is. A more reasonable choice would be RX300, which can be had for around $35,000.
Perhaps you should consider an STi or LanEvo since they are also in your price range and are awd.

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
I'd the risk of being hated at this forums I'm gonna say HELL NO to STI or LanEvo. Both are such ricer cars. Don't like the looks of X3, either. I personally like german cars, however, I do like the looks of FX45.

A coworker has been suggesting a 2 year old A6 AWD. That actually sounds pretty interesting.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
I'd get the RX over the x5, simply coz it has more features and bang for buck...

then again I own a 330ci.. :D

soooooooo get the x5!! cant beat the feel of driving a bmw! :D:D

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I'd the risk of being hated at this forums I'm gonna say HELL NO to STI or LanEvo. Both are such ricer cars. Don't like the looks of X3, either. I personally like german cars, however, I do like the looks of FX45.

A coworker has been suggesting a 2 year old A6 AWD. That actually sounds pretty interesting.

http://www.euroltd.com/cars.html

Third one down - the '01 A6 2.7T. I would LOVE to buy that car.

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002
I'm sorry, you're calling home prices in NEBRASKA outrageous? Have you ever lived anywhere else?

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: PrimativeScrewhead

http://www.euroltd.com/cars.html

Third one down - the '01 A6 2.7T. I would LOVE to buy that car.
That is a nice deal.

freebee

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2000
X5 is a good choice. I recall a member here owns both an x5 and m5 (that guy that posted above), both very capable vehicles. However, just keep in mind, despite a minor facelift, the x5 is getting to be a bit old...new model should be out shortly.

rx330 is not bad....not very sporty, similar are the pilot/mdx by honda, or alittle more upscale in the toureg/cayenne by vw. Fx45 is interesting, somehwat oddly shaped, but mechanically very well endowed also. Out of those, I like the toureg.

bolido2000

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: KingNothing
I'm sorry, you're calling home prices in NEBRASKA outrageous? Have you ever lived anywhere else?

lol so true. Prices here in LA have soured like 150% in the past 2 years!!

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
Originally posted by: KingNothing

NE = New England. $250,000 is a bit too much for a decent, entry level (read: nothing over the top) condo. I used to live in NYC and you can get a condo in Brooklyn for a similar price.