real review of a alarm clock / bluetooth alarm clock you own.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Im in the market for another alarm clock for teenagers, figure a light, 2 alarms and bluetooth speaker would be nice. If it could integrate with smartthings be even better.

I own the beddi and it seemed overpriced but works even has charging / bluetooth / whitenoise but the speaker is weak and requires phone always (except for time and lights)

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
This is the one that I have owned from 1987 - now

Vintage-80s-GE-General-Electric-Alarm-Clock-Radio.jpg

works like a champ. Functions in the On, Off, Radio, Wake, and obnoxious glaring buzzer noise modes. Whatever you prefer. This thing will never die.

Reactions: NutBucket

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Don't own it personally.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-POWERIVER-Portable-Dual-Driver-Distortion/dp/B07FQKJ6DY

No USB charging adapter included though.

==

Oops, it now has a special offer that will give you a free charger.
  • 【Limited Time Offer: BUY ONE GET ONE↓↓↓】 VERY IMPORTANT: Find the "Speacial Offer" on detailed page and click "Add both to Cart".Receive a WavePort dual(worth $12.99) for free Now
couple fun reviews.
"Didn’t know it was touch sensitive.
Corner lights are activated on there own sometimes. The buzzer is birds chirping. But the color of the numbers were visible and easy to distinguish at night and at day"

other person says the clock function turns off after a few hours even when plugged in (sounds annoying the description and another reviewer mention the display stays on when charging) So oK ill get one see how it works, it seems to do everything (except charge) and they need a 5 port charger anyway so this will charge nicely from that. Thanks i spent a while looking at different ones but this seems good. i like the sd card slot too.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I like a clock with readout large enough to read across a dark room without my glasses.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
This is the one that I have owned from 1987 - now

Vintage-80s-GE-General-Electric-Alarm-Clock-Radio.jpg

works like a champ. Functions in the On, Off, Radio, Wake, and obnoxious glaring buzzer noise modes. Whatever you prefer. This thing will never die.

That's similar to, but taller than the one I've got...similar "vintage" too. If it ain't broke, don't replace it...amirite?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That's similar to, but taller than the one I've got...similar "vintage" too. If it ain't broke, don't replace it...amirite?

It is the oldest thing I own, by far. It has traveled with me everywhere I have lived, and I am certain that it will outlive me.

Micrornd

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2013
He's asking for an alarm clock to wakeup and get teenagers out of bed, not adults
In my experience, any alarm clock designed to get teenagers up would need the cattle-prod option.
Just sayin' - maybe your experiences are different.

Reactions: killster1

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
They are smart I'm sure they are just showing off their retro clocks. The alarm is for a 11 year old. Smart things siren works well but wakes me up too. Ordering the suggested one today see how It goes. will be a decent speaker worst case. Just wish I could change the alarm for Wednesday wakes up 1 hour later and most clocks just have weekend change routine.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
He's asking for an alarm clock to wakeup and get teenagers out of bed, not adults
In my experience, any alarm clock designed to get teenagers up would need the cattle-prod option.

Oh...then there really is only one choice:

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
This one definitely should work. :p