Real life Shawshank Redemption

TheCanuck

Apr 28, 2003

"Two inmates escaped from a county jail, hiding the holes they made in the walls by putting up photos of bikini-clad women, officials said."

Prison Break

What the hell!?!?! You would think this would be the oldest escape trick in the book! Someone is going to lose his job over this one!

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
awesome. i always wondered if someone could actually do that. < damn. i caught the repost too.

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Wow, that's wierd. Yesterday someone mentioned a wood chipper and someone else mentioned Kathy Griffin.

Last night I had a dream about Kathy Griffin being thrown into the wood chipper and me looking up with my arms open. (just like the famous picture in the shawshank redemption) and having her parts being rained on me.

Just like this.

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Jhill
Wow, that's wierd. Yesterday someone mentioned a wood chipper and someone else mentioned Kathy Griffin.

Last night I had a dream about Kathy Griffin being thrown into the wood chipper and me looking up with my arms open. (just like the famous picture in the shawshank redemption) and having her parts being rained on me.

Just like this.

You might be a sociopath. I'm just saying.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
We've got a guy on th run now that escaped in a garbage can :confused:
Text
A convicted murderer sentenced to life behind bars was on the loose after escaping from a medium-security prison in northwestern Pennsylvania by hiding in a garbage can.

Last year Bucky Phillips used a can opener to escape from jail. I always chuckle when i think of that but a shouldn't, as that ended badly.
Text

mooglemania85

Diamond Member
May 3, 2007
The cops should check out the big hayfield up near Buxton. One in particular, that has got a long rock wall with a big oak tree at the north end. Like something out of a Robert Frost poem. At the base of that wall, I bet they'll find a rock that has no earthly business in a Maine hayfield. Piece of black, volcanic glass. There's probably something buried under there.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
If they checked the cells properly, they would have found the mini pickaxe hidden in the bible. :D

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
hahah when i heard about this on the news i thought of the movie also. man its a good movie. now i want to watch it again heh

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor

Just like this.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Just like this.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I dunno, you also might be a humanitarian. It could really go either way.

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
You would think every prison guard in the known universe would be aware of this trick by now. I guess that means no more posters for the rest of the inmates.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006

Just like this.

:thumbsup:

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

Just like this.

Dude... it's Kathy Griffin. Who hasn't had that dream?

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
There has to be more to this, no way they would write that stuff if the guy really did help them. They probably got it from someone else and this guard f@cked with these two guys to the point they wanted revenge. Its rather amusing that they are still at large, then again, I dont live near that prison.

mooglemania85

Diamond Member
May 3, 2007
ZOMG HAHAHAHA... six blocks from the jail

NEW YORK (CNN) -- One of two men who escaped from a county jail in New Jersey last month was back in custody Tuesday, authorities said.

Federal and local authorities captured Jose Espinosa, 20, who broke out of the Union County Jail on December 15 with fellow inmate Otis Blunt, 32, Union County prosecutor Theodore J. Romankow told CNN.

Acting on a tip, authorities found Espinosa about 9 p.m. Tuesday in an apartment six blocks from the jail, said James Plousis, U.S. Marshal for New Jersey. Espinosa was alone in the residence, lying on a couch.

Officials said Espinosa and Blunt escaped by digging a hole through the cinderblock wall of their adjoining cells, and hid the hole by using posters of bikini-clad women. The two then jumped onto a roof and over a 25-foot-high razor wire fence onto a railroad bed. Authorities said Espinosa might have injured his foot making those jumps.

The two left behind dummies in their beds, along with a note naming prison guard Rudolph Zurick, thanking him "for the tools needed," and saying, "You're a real pal! Happy holidays."

Zurick committed suicide earlier this week at his home in Sayreville, New Jersey. His attorney Michael Mitzner, said Zurick had not been charged in the jailbreak and was cooperating with investigators. "It's possible that his name being associated with the escape was more than he could take despite his lack of involvement," Mitzner said.

Espinosa recently pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter and was to be sentenced January 25, authorities said. He faced a minimum of 17 years in prison. Blunt was in prison in lieu of $75,000 bail for weapon and robbery charges. Both men were being housed in the multi-level jail's high-security area, officials have said.

As Espinosa, wearing a sleeveless black T-shirt, khaki pants and slippers, was led into Union County police headquarters Tuesday night, a reporter asked him about the guard's death. "It wasn't our fault," he said.

Espinosa recently pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter and was to be sentenced on Jan. 25, authorities said. He faced a minimum of 17 years in prison.

Blunt was in prison in lieu of $75,000 bail for weapon and robbery charges. Both men were being housed in the multilevel jail's high-security area, officials have said.
advertisement

In recent days, Blunt has spoken with the Rev. Al Sharpton to help negotiate his surrender. Romankow told CNN he immediately called Blunt's attorney to alert him that Espinosa had been captured and was being questioned by authorities.

A press conference regarding Espinosa's arrest is scheduled for 10 a.m. Wednesday.