Ready for the Draft?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
The troops in Iraq who were told the road home was the road to Baghdad were just told they'll be staying on a little longer than originally planned.

They are now in Iraq for a one year tour of duty.

First an unnecessary invasion, now a mandatory tour of duty. What comes next? Well, more bodies to replace those who leave after their mandatory tour of duty is over, of course! (That's if the Bush administration doesn't change the rules again when their year is up.)

So where do those new bodies come from? All you young folks who are so enamored of Bush can get ready to show just how much you really love him. If I remember this roadmap you'll be facing conscription in the near future for this occupation.

I don't want to hear any Bush bashing. Just pack your sack and move out.

And I expect many of the rabid Bush supporters here, those who make excuses for and support ANYTHING Bush does, to enlist and show the true extent of their support for Bush and his policies in Iraq.

I don't want to break any laws so I wont post any excerpts from the news. Just turn on the TV or radio and you'll hear all about it.

Oh, and if you don't like Iraq you can probably get your tour of duty changed...............to North Korea.

Nice job Bush and Co. Along with the news this year's budget deficit will hit $455 BILLION WITHOUT THE COST OF IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN INCLUDED and next year will rise to an estimated $475 BILLION I'd say this qualifies Bush and Co. as the WORST administration in the history of the USA.

I'll be looking for you Bush supporters on the news. Boarding troop carriers to show your support for Bush. Don't forget to smile and wave at the cameras.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
I'm probably not elible...age, job and children. If I was 10 years younger (or maybe even 5) I would have already enlisted. I leave draft dodging to experts such as you and your kin.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Bob suggests:

So where do those new bodies come from? All you young folks who are so enamored of Bush can get ready to show just how much you really love him. If I remember this roadmap you'll be facing conscription in the near future for this occupation.

Alchemize responds:

I'm probably not elible...age, job and children. If I was 10 years younger (or maybe even 5) I would have already enlisted. I leave draft dodging to experts such as you and your kin.

Seems an illogical leap to me...

Bob are you an expert on sush things as dodging drafts and the like?

nallur

Nov 8, 2000
Originally posted by: alchemize

The list of draft dodgers who still managed to send our men and women to their deaths.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: nallur

The list of draft dodgers who still managed to send our men and women to their deaths.
My father-in-law was a marine, but left to get married instead of re-enlisting and going to vietnam. Would you call him a draft dodger? Well you could, but if you did to his face, your days would be short in this world.

So your little link is lovely, but it does leave out a few details doesn't it. Would you go? Or would you say "well there are politicians that don't have impeccable military records in the administration. Therefore I will dodge"?

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: LunarRay
Bob suggests:

Alchemize responds:

OK I pend my comment. Bob, if the draft was put in today, and you were called, would you go?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Bob suggests:

Alchemize responds:

Why no, LunarRay, I'm no expert on dodging the draft. I've never dodged a draft in my life.

I think Alchemize should find a real expert. Like George Bush.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Good grief....there is not going to be a draft. Pull your head out and come back to reality.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

Funny how it's ok for Clinton to dodge the draft, burn the flag, and go to the Soviet Union but it's not ok for Republicans to have avoided military duty.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Bob suggests:

Alchemize responds:

OK I pend my comment. Bob, if the draft was put in today, and you were called, would you go?

If the draft was called today and I was eligible I would of course serve my country. I would, however, add one stipulation. If I'm risking my A$$ for my country then everybody who is eligible had better be risking their A$$ as well. No George Bushes dodging the draft while others are risking their lives to do their duty. No children of politicians or the wealthy and connected skipping out.

If everyone who is eligible serves I have no problem serving.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: shinerburke

Funny how it's ok for Clinton to dodge the draft, burn the flag, and go to the Soviet Union but it's not ok for Republicans to have avoided military duty.

Man, what the hell would you have to talk about if it wasn't for Bill Clinton?

You should celebrate his birthday. Send him a gift. He's the best thing that ever happened to you. Your answer for everything. Your excuse for everything.

Thank God for Bill Clinton.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Good grief....there is not going to be a draft. Pull your head out and come back to reality.

There was no draft during the Viet Nam war either.

They need the bodies they institute conscription.

One way to avoid it. Get the entire Bush administration the hell out of Washington.

nallur

Nov 8, 2000

Are you a moron? Was it the draft dodging Clinton who sent our men and women to die in Iraq?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: SuperTool
I am joining Texas Air National Guard, so I can go AWOL till the Iraq war is over.
How

It's easy. As long as your name is Bush.

Best part - you don't even need to show up. Just get in and go AWOL.

nallur

Nov 8, 2000

My father-in-law was a marine, but left to get married instead of re-enlisting and going to vietnam. Would you call him a draft dodger? Well you could, but if you did to his face, your days would be short in this world.

So your little link is lovely, but it does leave out a few details doesn't it. Would you go? Or would you say "well there are politicians that don't have impeccable military records in the administration. Therefore I will dodge"?

I'll sign up right after the Bush twins do. How about that?

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: BOBDN

Same thing you would have to talk about if it wasn't for President Bush.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

Great list. Says a real mouthfull.

Of course there will be those who somehow find a way to defend this outrageous situation - chickenhawks sending everyone else off to do their bidding while they sit on their fat A$$E$ and profit from the war, and the deaths of American service people. Outrageous. Treasonous.

nallur

Nov 8, 2000

Now, now... You know our great leader was defending the state of Texas from the invading Oklahomans during Vietnam war.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

Are you a moron? Was it the draft dodging Clinton who sent our men and women to die in Iraq?
No, he sent them off to places like Bosnia.....nobody sends the military out to die. They send them out to do a mission.

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
clinton never had a pilot fly him in on an aircraft carrier either.
he never made that pathetic of a display. he knew what he did by getting out of vietnam.
GWB cant seem to come to terms with his "military record."
he was lost in the alcoholic-cocaine haze of the 70s, you probably could convince him he actually was a pilot, he wont remember.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

Same thing you would have to talk about if it wasn't for President Bush.

You mean resident Bush.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
I'll sign up right after the Bush twins do. How about that?

Ditto. As long as I don't have to share a tent with them.

Not a fan of the ladies eh BOBDN?

Just remember....don't ask, don't tell.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

Now, now... You know our great leader was defending the state of Texas from the invading Oklahomans during Vietnam war.

:D