Read the release agreement people signed to be in Borat

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
That's just evil. I'm starting to think some of these people might have a case in court.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: jjsole
That's just evil. I'm starting to think some of these people might have a case in court.

Always read before you sign. If you can't read it, don't sign it.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Vegitto
Originally posted by: jjsole

Always read before you sign. If you can't read it, don't sign it.

If I were one of the frat boys I'd subpeona? the entire raw footage of them and sift it for misrepresentation or anything else the film makers might be liable for. Shouldn't be difficult to get a favorable judgement and/or settlement imo.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
"As the agreement makes clear, you will be waiving all claims in relation to the film"

Ilmater

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2002
What I can't believe is that there isn't a single mention of Twentieth Century Fox, only the fictional production company, America One.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
im sure its a standard type of contract for the industry....whats so evil about it?

besides they should have read it...morons...they are only bitchign about it because the movie went ont o be so sucessful

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Ilmater
What I can't believe is that there isn't a single mention of Twentieth Century Fox, only the fictional production company, America One.

Good point. If America One is truly a fictional production company, there's reason alone for a judge to throw out the release.

herkulease

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
fox isn't listed because they didn't produce the movie. they are just the distributer. Its possible that after the movie was made, cohen and his people searched for someone to put the movie out.

Not even Cohen had any idea how much the movie would be making so I don't expect they to have a distributer lined up ahead of time.

I have no idea if the production company is real or not. You couldn't even make out the address at the bottom of the cover letter.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Feldenak
Are his 15 minutes done yet? I'm sick of hearing about him.

I agree. I honestly don't get it. It's just a guy pretending to be a retarded foreigner with a bad accent.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: TheNinja

I agree. I honestly don't get it. It's just a guy pretending to be a retarded foreigner with a bad accent.

... and using racism, off color, advanced "dick and fart" style jokes and sexist remarks as humor.

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Injury
Originally posted by: TheNinja

... and using racism, off color, advanced "dick and fart" style jokes and sexist remarks as humor.

yeah and from what I have heard, being fvcking hilarious! I am going to see it tonight...

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Going to see it this weekend. Maybe if we're lucky this kind of stuff will replace reality tv! I'd start watching tv again! Lol.

CptObvious

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2004
People b!tch about lawyers but the truth is, if they weren't so lazy and adverse to reading contracts before they sign, there'd be only a fraction of litigation that there is now. At least that consent form is only 1 page long and broken up into paragraphs. If you see a contract with a clause that waives your right to sue for fraud, that should be setting off fire alarms in your brain.

BTW, I don't think any court will uphold that fraud waiver clause, but people should still read before they sign.