re: the government

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
the government is corupt. it has taken me a few decade but over time i have just begun to realized it. it is just outright wanton coruption. there is so much that is wrong with it. i mean i think the idea is good but the execution is dirt poor. there is so much that could be done better.

mayne people are downtrodden and taken advantage of and they cant get out of their problems. so they look to other countries for a better life but cannot go because they have been made poor or do not know the languages. i think speaking a single langiuage really is a chain that keeps everyone chained to the country and the government knows that, and they take advantage of it!

but do we has a solution that will work? i dont know. honestly i dont. but maybe there are some things we can try that will make things better. i am thinking about writing a list of those things and sending to my public officials and see if they will listen. i really hope they will listen.

and if they dont, i dont know where to turn after that.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
it's old news. they all fail sooner or later. This one will collapse from within from all the Big Gov.programs and agencies.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I've thought for a long time that the best thing that could happen to this country would be to drop an Atomic Bomb on DC while Congress is in full session. Wipe out the whole lot of them. The House, the Senate, the President, the SC, all their aides and all the lobbyist's. The corruption is rampant and it runs from the top to the bottom. They all need to be cleaned out.

Disclaimer: For the sensitive among us who take everything literally, please let me explain that this is hyperbole. I do not truly wish to blast the East Coast with radiation.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
I've thought for a long time that the best thing that could happen to this country would be to drop an Atomic Bomb on DC while Congress is in full session. Wipe out the whole lot of them. The House, the Senate, the President, the SC, all their aides and all the lobbyist's. The corruption is rampant and it runs from the top to the bottom. They all need to be cleaned out.

Disclaimer: For the sensitive among us who take everything literally, please let me explain that this is hyperbole. I do not truly wish to blast the East Coast with radiation.

hello i am the fbi, would you like to buy a bomb?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
hello i am the fbi, would you like to buy a bomb?
Oh shit, they're probably logging my IP right now. :biggrin: I think they could just contact some individuals here that would provide it to them gladly. If they haven't already... :D

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
the government is corupt. it has taken me a few decade but over time i have just begun to realized it. it is just outright wanton coruption. there is so much that is wrong with it. i mean i think the idea is good but the execution is dirt poor. there is so much that could be done better.

mayne people are downtrodden and taken advantage of and they cant get out of their problems. so they look to other countries for a better life but cannot go because they have been made poor or do not know the languages. i think speaking a single langiuage really is a chain that keeps everyone chained to the country and the government knows that, and they take advantage of it!

but do we has a solution that will work? i dont know. honestly i dont. but maybe there are some things we can try that will make things better. i am thinking about writing a list of those things and sending to my public officials and see if they will listen. i really hope they will listen.

The government is your friend. Everything the government does is for your own good and the for the good of society as a whole. You don't need all of your paycheck anyway, so the government will take half of it because the government knows what to do with your money better than you do.

Apr 27, 2012
The government has been corrupt for a long time and the people dont even realize this, they need to understand the situation

Franz316

Sep 12, 2000
If there is one thing that everyone can agree on, it is the corruption of the Government(which is mostly bought by the .01%).

We are fast approaching a full blown police state as our rights get whittled away. Even if you despise Occupy, you have to take note of how hard the enforcers are coming down on them, and project that into the future. The powers at the top are preparing for unrest.

We haven't reached the tipping point yet, but once the middle class gets squeezed a bit more, we could be.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Everything with power/money/influence is corrupt. Govt is not particularly special in this other than it has lots of all of it.

Churches are corruptible, charities are corruptible, even the management at your place is business is in part corrupt.

Honestly, are mgmt decisions, hiring and promotions decisions always made strictly on their merits and the needs of the business? Can you not think of at least one person who probably doesn't deserve their job, and holds it for reasons other than their professional talents?

Anything involving humans is corrupt to some degree. At best you judge it on a sliding scale, and I wouldn't put our govt as highly corrupt on a historical scale.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
If there is one thing that everyone can agree on, it is the corruption of the Government(which is mostly bought by the .01%).

We are fast approaching a full blown police state as our rights get whittled away. Even if you despise Occupy, you have to take note of how hard the enforcers are coming down on them, and project that into the future. The powers at the top are preparing for unrest.

We haven't reached the tipping point yet, but once the middle class gets squeezed a bit more, we could be.

^^^ this.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Oh shit, they're probably logging my IP right now. :biggrin: I think they could just contact some individuals here that would provide it to them gladly. If they haven't already... :D

The not-so-funny thing is that your post was definately flagged by the Carnivore/Echelon derivative, but a NSA analyzer will immediately look past it.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004

The fuck?

Occupy is not and will never be a real force in this country.

Yes there are freeloaders at the top who should not be there. But you cannot be a freeloader at the bottom, complaining that someone else is freeloading on society.

Occupy cannot infringe on the rights of other people, while at the same complaining that the problem is others infringing on their rights.

Occupy will never gain support from anyone other than a fringe minority, and should not be used in an analogy.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

You have a lot to learn.

What do you mean, 'the government is corrupt'? Be specific.

There aren't a whole lot of billionares in government, taking billions of dollars of tax dollars into their pockets.

That does happen in other countries; it's when 'the rich' and 'the rules' are the same. It happened in the England we revolted against, Ferdinand Marcos, the House of Saud, the Shah of Iran, and countless other examples I can name, when it would be 'the government is corrupt', but it's not the case here.

The US is a little more complicated than that - it's about when SOME politicians serve those rich, THAT is corrupt. And the way money dominates our elections is corrupt.

So, Obama can't expect to be a billionare for his serving the wealthy. He isn't getting rich personally from corruption. His wealth is a joke to our wealthy class.

But, the wealthy can prevent pretty much anyone from getting elected. By denying them support.

A bit funny, isn't it, that the people of both parties who get the nomination have a lot of support from the rich, since money took over politics?

So you had Democrats Clinton and Obama both being awfully Wall-Street friendly, and the Bushes pretty much Wall Street sellouts, all letting Goldman Sachs run the show.

The cynicism you are developing is dangerous, as it pushed you to not value democracy just because it's been hijacked - but things would be a lot worse if you give that up.

Basic role of politics: organization is power. You will write your list and send it, and I hate to tell you, it'll not have an effect.

There's an old saying I've quoted many times - 'Politicians have to LOOK good to voters and DO good for donors.' As one voter, you will only get form letter responses.

And it's not practical for you to be a big donor competing with Fortune 500 lobbying.

So what you can do is to find public interest organizations - such as 'People for the American Way' - and join them. By organizing the public can influence politicians.

And don't forget the same people who will egg you on about 'government sucks' are usually the same ones who are the REASON it sucks and want to take your vote and money.

Save234

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

You are going to be shocked and disappointed how many citizens will go along with it.

It's a small percent of citizens who fight for the interest of the public.