Razer Deathadder Black Edition

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
I am considering pulling the trigger on a Razer Deathadder Black Edition. What are you thoughts on this mouse over the regular Deathadder? Good things about this mouse?

The main thing was for me the Mac support that Razer has. I wanted to go with Logitech, but they don't have good gaming mice support.

MisterPinchy

Nov 8, 2007
I've had the regular Deathadder for about 5 years and it's still going strong, I really like it.

The black edition is technically the same, but without the blue illumination and the side grips and buttons are rubberized vs. glossy on the regular DA.

I would personally prefer rubberized side grips, as the glossy sides tend to get slick feeling after longer gaming sessions. If They would have had the black edition when I bought mine, I would have opted for it instead of the regular because of the rubberized side grips.

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
That's what I'm thinking too. I don't need the flashy glow and a lot of the reviews say they like the rubberized grips. I actually haven't used a regular mouse for gaming in a long time. Used to a trackball. But I want to see if my gaming will have a difference with a regular mouse.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
I put grip tape (tape that goes around handles on bats, tennis rackets, etc) on my Deathadder because the glossy finish was too slippery. I eventually bought the Black edition, but I havent opened it yet because the old one is still going strong, with ghetto tape and all. :p

n0x1ous

Platinum Member
Sep 9, 2010
I owned the Original death-adder for many years and purchased the black edition as soon as it was released because the slippery/glossy sides were my only problem with the original.

Black Edition fixed its only flaw so its pretty much the perfect mouse for me now.

I would definitely recommend you get the Black Edition.