Raytracing how effective!!

ajaidevsingh

Mar 7, 2008
Well the latest Nvidia Ray tracing demo seems kinnda well lame...

I mean compare that with " Click "

Besides that the new AMD cinema 2.0 lady was just mind boggling real.. Since that is not based on Raytracing does that mean that there is an alternative route for photo realism game play...!!

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Did you watch the video ronnn linked to . Cinema2 is more than what you believe. Watch the video than listen at the end when he says that he will update us on more things like RTR. The Ruby demo was raytraced with ATI gpu. Transformers previews were done RTR on ATI GPU' I would say its going to get really interesting. I still believe it will be between ATI Intel . But thats with todays GPUs . What tomorrow brings is another day.

NV showing that demo was really really good. Game developers are Aware.

Its pretty good. ATI NV will have way better cards befor the larrabee release.

The thing that has me concerned is the shear amount of compute power RTR requires. So physics on the gpu may not be such a good move. We just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Yep thats good. I like the transformer previews alot also . I love this stuff man . When it comes to RTR Iam not a fanbois of any company . Except the one that shows me the game 1st. I want to see this so much it hurts.

But its not just about IQ. Its the compute power required. A supercomputer on my desk.
Thats faster than all others at all task. Once were there who cares about more. It will be the death of the fanbois. HIP HIP Horray

Go over to XS to find demo link .