rather simple auto insurance question

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
does auto insurance cover repairs as well? I recently paid for 2300$ in repairs and will be doing 600$ or so more in a week or two to finish up some things.

I do have full coverage which is why I am asking, I dont want to call my allstate person and sound really dumb :p.

just a hope :D....with a deductible of 500$ I would save 2 grand or so.

D1gger

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
Nope, what you are looking for is a warranty, not insurance. If you aren't covered under the original warranty or extended warranty from the dealer you bought the vehicle from, you have to suck it up yourself.

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
Originally posted by: D1gger
Nope, what you are looking for is a warranty, not insurance. If you aren't covered under the original warranty or extended warranty from the dealer you bought the vehicle from, you have to suck it up yourself.

works for me, was just curious thanks.

imported_Baloo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2006
WTF are you people smoking/ Of course it covers repairs, why else would any one buy full coverage. It does not cover maintenance, which, by the sounds of this, is what the OP is really about, and the all responses are in regard to.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
It covers repairs if they resulted from you crashing your car into something, or some one else smashing into your car, stealing your car or vandalizing your car.

But if you say, own a dodge neon and the repairs resulted from the fact that its engine is a piece of crap then you're screwed.