Rasheed Wallace to the Pistons!!

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
From espn.com:

Rasheed Wallace is going to Detroit, along with Mike James, in a three-team swap. Boston gets Chucky Atkins, Lindsey Hunter, a Pistons No. 1 pick and cash, while Atlanta receives Chris Mills, Zeljko Rebraca, Bob Sura and a Detroit first-rounder.

angrymaxx

Jul 20, 2000
Originally posted by: ojai00
So much for "Rasheed will definitely go to the Knicks..."

he is "on loan" for the rest of the season. during the summer, expect him to go to NY for the mid-level exception.

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
Originally posted by: angrymaxx
Originally posted by: ojai00
So much for "Rasheed will definitely go to the Knicks..."

he is "on loan" for the rest of the season. during the summer, expect him to go to NY for the mid-level exception.

Knicks have the money/cap space to sign him?

Izzo

May 30, 2003
Although I cringed at getting Rasheed at first, I have faith in Dumars that he is making a good move. You figure Wallace could keep his act together for a playoff run and a chance to win an NBA title. And then he'll leave, the Pistons will have enough room to re-sign Mehmet, and Milicic will be ready to step in. (Milicic is ready to play now. Dumars wants him to, but Brown won't. Milicic should have gotten ALL of Rebraca's minutes while Okur was hurt.)

edit for clarity

MazerRackham

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2002
I heard that the Lakers and Sixers were going to trade Kobe for Iverson, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Good. We don't need his punk ass here in Atlanta no matter how bad the Hawks are.

Izzo

May 30, 2003
Nobody will consider a trade for Kobe until his court case is settled.

spliffstar69

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Izzo

Are you nuts, I think theres a lot of teams that will trade for kobe reguardless of his rape charge.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
trading for kobe means your taking money off your cap. it's a safe gamble, if it looks like case is going bad, let him walk at the end of the season, if it looks to be going good, you have the best shot at resigning him.

i'd say a trade for kobe is a good deal.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

i almost lost hope that we'd get Rasheed. woohoo!!

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
damn, i think we actually upgraded Chucky Atkins to Michael James.

only caveat is if we're able to keep Rasheed.

ctcsoft

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003
fvckin awesome!! watch out now indiana.

were coming full steam ahead!!!

ROMP...

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Dumars turns nothing into Sheed

Joe Dumars, you are my hero.

Armed with a bunch of middling expiring contracts and two mid to late first round picks, the Pistons found a way to turn that into Rasheed Wallace on Wednesday.

The deal, first reported by Insider, sent Bob Sura, Zeljko Rebraca, Lindsey Hunter, Chucky Atkins, cash to Boston and the Pistons two first round picks to Boston and Atlanta and came back with Rasheed and Mike James in return.

We'll wait while you pick yourself up off the floor.

We all know what Detroit was thinking. The Pistons added one of the better low-post scorers in the league in Wallace, a point guard in James who has actually outperformed the guy they shipped out (Atkins), and they cleared nearly nine million in cap room earmarked for restricted free agent Mehmet Okur.

The ability to re-sign Okur is the ultimate prize for Detroit. A Pistons source told Insider that the team gave no assurances to Wallace that it would re-sign him this summer. Instead, the Pistons are protecting the extra $4.5 million in cap room they just cleared to make sure that other teams under the cap like Utah, Phoenix or Denver can't steal Mehmet away.

We have now idea what Atlanta or Boston are thinking.

"They're morons," one league executive told Insider. "I can't believe they just did that."

The Hawks keep all of their cap room (which should be around $20 million this summer) but only pick up an extra mid-first-round pick via Milwaukee in the deal.

It's even worse for Boston. The Celtics traded away $6.6 million in cap room and their starting point guard, James, for a guy who is was a backup in Detroit and has two more years left on his deal. I know Danny Ainge likes this draft, but . . . is a late-first-round pick worth that?

Mark this down as the deal of the season.

ROFL.

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
Originally posted by: jmoe782
fvckin awesome!! watch out now indiana.

were coming full steam ahead!!!

ROMP...

Yah I agree, Pistons are the team to beat.

Would love to see T-wolves vs Pistons in the finals.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Didn't he play for the Trailgangsters for the past few years? He's good but he thinks he's the best and he's not...

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Man, the Pistons will have an awesome front line. Tayshaun Prince, Rasheed Wallace and Ben Wallace. Wow. Join those three up with Hamilton and Billups and they should be considered illegal!

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
on paper this definitely makes the Pistons BEASTS of the East.

can they get passed the Nets, who are in my opinion still the team to beat? who knows, but it's a great trade.

with Marbury and Wallace in the east now, if the east can make some good draft picks, mb the east will be competitive in about 2 seasons.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: burnedout
Man, the Pistons will have an awesome front line. Tayshaun Prince, Rasheed Wallace and Ben Wallace. Wow. Join those three up with Hamilton and Billups and they should be considered illegal!

i wonder how well Rasheed could play small forward. if so, the Pistons' line would be:

C: Memhet Okur
PF: Ben Wallace
SF: Rasheed Wallace
SG: Rip Hamilton
PG: Chauncey Billups

Tayshaun Prince, Mike James, and Corliss Williamson comign off the bench.

/me likes :evil:

Izzo

May 30, 2003
w
Originally posted by: spliffstar69
Originally posted by: Izzo

Are you nuts, I think theres a lot of teams that will trade for kobe reguardless of his rape charge.

According to this guy, that's not true. A team would have to give up a lot to get Kobe, and without the guarantee that he could play there is no way it would be worth it.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: iamme
Originally posted by: burnedout

i wonder how well Rasheed could play small forward. if so, the Pistons' line would be:

C: Memhet Okur
PF: Ben Wallace
SF: Rasheed Wallace
SG: Rip Hamilton
PG: Chauncey Billups

Tayshaun Prince, Mike James, and Corliss Williamson comign off the bench.

/me likes :evil:
Hehe, yeah, I forgot about Okur, James and Williamson. The Pistons are loaded! I dunno, maybe Coach Brown might go with a bigger front line.