Rasberry Williams, Convicted Killer, Could Be Freed!

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I do not believe that I can stay angry at a man named Raspberry for thirty-eight years even for first degree murder, and superficially this sounds more like a murder 2 kinda thing.

I am surprised to learn that not everyone named Raspberry is a young lady gyrating on a pole . . .

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
I do not believe that I can stay angry at a man named Raspberry for thirty-eight years even for first degree murder, and superficially this sounds more like a murder 2 kinda thing.

I am surprised to learn that not everyone named Raspberry is a young lady gyrating on a pole . . .

Yeah my concerned is he is institutionalized and may not function the same in society as out in society. Maybe it was the parameters of prison that allowed him to become a better person what does he do without them?

I don't think he is a danger to society though

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I don't see any controversy here. He's already served 38 yrs. The governor's action would serve to make him eligible for parole should the parole board see fit to do so. The parole board is said to support this.

If he's now as good a man as all say I see no benefit to keeping him in prison.

Fern

Feb 10, 2000
38 years is a long time - longer than he could ever have served in much of the world. I have no problem with his being released and hope he is able to make it on the outside.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Considering the circumstances of the murder I think the punishment was far too stringent to begin with.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2006
He should be released as he's paid his fair share of debt to society. He's also demonstrated that he's not likely to be a menace once released. Our prisons are full enough...justice has been served....mercy is a good thing.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
He is the exception to the rule... So I kinda think he should be released, monitored and studied.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Yeah my concerned is he is institutionalized and may not function the same in society as out in society. Maybe it was the parameters of prison that allowed him to become a better person what does he do without them?

I don't think he is a danger to society though
That is a concern.

Is the governor going to resurrect Lester Givhan as well?
No. However, he is going to commute Givhan's murder to death by natural causes, so if they wish the parole board can try resurrecting him.