Question Raptor Lake - Official Thread

Page 86 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hulk

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Since we already have the first Raptor Lake leak I'm thinking it should have it's own thread.
What do we know so far?
From Anandtech's Intel Process Roadmap articles from July:

Built on Intel 7 with upgraded FinFET
10-15% PPW (performance-per-watt)
Last non-tiled consumer CPU as Meteor Lake will be tiled

I'm guessing this will be a minor update to ADL with just a few microarchitecture changes to the cores. The larger change will be the new process refinement allowing 8+16 at the top of the stack.

Will it work with current z690 motherboards? If yes then that could be a major selling point for people to move to ADL rather than wait.

Reactions: vstar

nicalandia

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2019
The result is too low, or the processor is severely limited by the default TDP.
I was just pointing out the uArch design which is clearly a Raptor Cove one. Some people believed that only the i5 K were going to be based on Raptor Cove and non-k were rebranded Alder Lake.

On another subject.

Its becoming quite difficult to Follow OneRaichu the dude is obsesed with Japanese Hentai and I get this on my feed every day... Its quite anoying..

Screenshot_20220920-070300_Chrome.jpg

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
I was just pointing out the uArch design which is clearly a Raptor Cove one. Some people believed that only the i5 K were going to be based on Raptor Cove and non-k were rebranded Alder Lake.

On another subject.

Its becoming quite difficult to Follow OneRaichu the dude is obsesed with Japanese Hentai and I get this on my feed every day... Its quite anoying..

View attachment 67807

I won't follow anyone that has a pokemon or hentai girl as their avatar. Then again I don't have twitter, so there's that...

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
I won't follow anyone that has a pokemon or hentai girl as their avatar. Then again I don't have twitter, so there's that...

I have twitter but very few subscribings, indeed i didnt put Raichu in my list for the reason exposed by Nicalandia, just imagine that i selected WCCFTech s editor Hassan Mujtaba instead...

• Haha
Reactions: lobz

Panino Manino

Jan 28, 2017

On another subject.

View attachment 67807

It's not "hentai", just ecchi.
Even me recognize that character.

lobz

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2017
I have twitter but very few subscribings, indeed i didnt put Raichu in my list for the reason exposed by Nicalandia, just imagine that i selected WCCFTech s editor Hassan Mujtaba instead...
I'd argue your decision does not do justice for any reason why you'd boycott the others you mentioned 😂😂😂😂😂

IntelUser2000

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2003
I can't tell the difference.

YuuKi_Ans seems to like it too, but he is not nearly as obsessive. So I let this slide.

These guys sound Japanese. It's likely related to the cultural issue of men avoiding all human relationships in that country. They have restaurants where you pick up your food from a small slit just enough to fit your hand in so you don't have to have face-to-face contact. There's apartment blocks where 2/3rd is vacant but also have zero famlies/child-bearing couples and average age of the residents are over 50 years old.

Of course that doesn't mean you cut your contact off from the world entirely and you still have your desires/needs...

Reactions: lightmanek

tamz_msc

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2017
Newegg pricing for Raptor Lake:

Intel going in aggressive, especially with the i7 and i5.

poke01

Mar 8, 2022
Guys the AMD folks in the other thread are pretty feisty. I called the 12700K a great value all rounder CPU and people got defensive.

Anyway excited to see raptor lake this week