RANT: Wal-Mart

Aug 26, 2004
bought a staple gun to staple some lan cable and speaker wire and what not in various places around the house...gun is defective, they refuse to exchange it between the hours of 10pm-7am...some new refund/exchange policy...they wanted me to buy a new one and then bring the other one back for a refund at 7am, when i just bought it 20 minutes earlier...douchebags

/rant

lavagirl669

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2004
what time did you purchase it?

The local Wal-Mart here only does exchanges/returns between 8am and 4pm
so ours sucks more than yours....

Bozono

Banned
Aug 17, 2005
That's 'cause all the poh folk be returnin' there dishes for beer around then. Just got to get them through the first night.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
at least in the walmart I used to go to in college, exchanges and refunds were all handled by the customer service department in the store, which was only staffed during typical business hours.

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: lavagirl669

about 30 minutes before i started the thread

lavagirl669

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2004
Originally posted by: quakefiend420

then it was before 10pm so WTF?

Aug 26, 2004

then it was before 10pm so WTF?

well...current time here is 3:42am

it just irritated me that i just bought a defective product, brought it straight back and they made me buy another one...the manager wouldn't even do anything...then they want me to make another trip back to the store over 20 fvcking dollars

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: chiwawa626
Thats what you get for stapling lan cable...

it's not like i was gonna staple through it...or really pinch it...just so it's not flopping around the edge of my baseboard

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
anyone who rants about walmart should be shot. i mean seriously they should know the crap they're getting to when they shop at that store.

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: dethman
anyone who rants about walmart should be shot. i mean seriously they should know the crap they're getting to when they shop at that store.

there aren't a whole lot of places to get a staple gun at 3am in bumfvck nowhere...

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

there aren't a whole lot of places to get a staple gun at 3am in bumfvck nowhere...

How about your neighbor's garage?

:evil:;)

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: pyonir

How about your neighbor's garage?

:evil:;)

bwahahaha

bernse

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
bought a staple gun to staple some lan cable and speaker wire and what not in various places around the house...gun is defective, they refuse to exchange it between the hours of 10pm-7am...some new refund/exchange policy...they wanted me to buy a new one and then bring the other one back for a refund at 7am, when i just bought it 20 minutes earlier...douchebags

/rant

You bought it, walked back to your car, drove home, unpacked it, tried it, didn't work, repacked it, got back into your car, drove back to walmart all in 20 minutes?

Do you live in their parking lot or something?

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: bernse

/rant

You bought it, walked back to your car, drove home, unpacked it, tried it, didn't work, repacked it, got back into your car, drove back to walmart all in 20 minutes?

Do you live in their parking lot or something?

in a fridge box in the back...i don't know why i even bother driving, honestly ;)

markgm

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2001
They did something similar to me awhile back. I just swapped them on the shelf and called it a day.