RANT: Silly friends....

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
Blah, I have a bunch of useless friends...

So I pretty much put there computer together, and a 24/7 techsupport for them. I have no problems, as long as they run a DC client for me.

One said he'd install it for the MTR, but he never did, and he won't answer my question about it. The other (with the Dual Opterons), claims noise comes out of his CPUs when he runs SoB, so he uninstalled it.

I swear, I go out of my way to fix there computers, and I take another one to school every morning, and they don't even do me the favor of just running a harmless DC client.

ROAR, I am a bit angry.

/end rant.

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
I don't want to seem like a bastard and not take my friend to school, but I just don't understand why he won't do me a simple favor.

Too bad I already got there computers up and running, I will now refuse to help them out with PC problems when they ask for it. Whenever that may be...

Overkiller

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2003
Friendships are all about give and take. By the sound of it there are many members of these forums that would be more giving than your Friends. But such is life, people forget all the good one person sometimes gives to another...

Best of luck man!

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Damn that does suck...however i know the feeling. I built up a computer for a friend last year to take to Uni, and I put on there about 1000 Seti WUs (all downloaded from the web on like a 128k connection!) and a week later, he's removed them all and signed up Seti on his own name!

Bastage!

No more tech support he got after that!

Garry

JWMiddleton

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
Same thing here! I built computers for both of my step-kids and put SETI on. They both took it off when they were on dialup. Now both are still HSI, but no SETI. I use to upgrade my step-son's computer from time to time, but now I have not touched it for over a year. He has an Atlon 750 and I could easily move him up to an XP as I've got them running in the back room dedicated to SETI. Oh well, his loss!

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
One word "setihide" works great. I don't know how many people I've built machines for the price of parts and once they got the machine quit running seti after saying they would.
Using setihide they can't see it running. Out of sight out of mind and if they agreed to let you run seti no problem, its running seti like they said you could and they aren't brother by it.