(rant) If Apple ruled the computer world, I would have a different career

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
I found a video of Torn Mind singing the song of his people.

I listen to refined lyrical perfection.

A 20-year old Mozart's "A" game, written for personal performance for a personal occasion(his best friend's wedding. Unlike his "C" game in Eine Kleine or his "D" game with his K. 545.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

can't say i've ever had this issue bother me ...seriously the first i have ever heard of this

It's actually a big problem. One, Apple discriminates against non iMessage texts with a different colored bubble. This has become a status symbol among kids. I mean really? Trying to turn non Apple devices into users wearing a scarlet letter on them for basic texting? It's asinine.

Apple makes it so that when there is a non Apple phone in a group message, it can screw things up. The new team I work with has 10 people. One other guy had an Android so they had to switch their group texts to What'sApp. I'm the second Android user. There was a famous story about a pro NBA team which all had iPhones except one guy, and that kept fucking up the group texts. They made hm get an iPhone. If you try to send a video or multiple high res pictures from android to apple or apple to android, they appear as super compressed and at a virtually useless resolution. Again, an Apple choice to keep these basic texting features segregated.

Reactions: KMFJD

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I listen to refined lyrical perfection.

A 20-year old Mozart's "A" game, written for personal performance for a personal occasion(his best friend's wedding. Unlike his "C" game in Eine Kleine or his "D" game with his K. 545.
I wasn't talking about listening, I was talking about singing :p

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
It's even worse in the enterprise management space where Apple has actively hobbled their already limited fleet management abilities. Giant PITA to push software updates, limited enforced controls and, oh everyone has to be an admin to install updates which is just amazing when you have thousands of Macs. Because no one would ever use admin rights to install something stupid or get phished....
Awesome - Apple just released a notification that only it's most recent OS will get ALL their security updates. Since they release a new OS every year that is a huge impact to companies with lots of Macs. Lots of IT staff running to make sure they're all updated. Thanks Apple!

• Wow
Reactions: Captante and KMFJD

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Awesome - Apple just released a notification that only it's most recent OS will get ALL their security updates. Since they release a new OS every year that is a huge impact to companies with lots of Macs. Lots of IT staff running to make sure they're all updated. Thanks Apple!
damn, looks like i took the perfect time for a leave of absence

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Wow that sounds like a nightmare. Upgrades take a seriously amount of IT and user resources, can't imagine having to go through that every year. :eek: A pain for both IT and for users.